Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Stampe SR7 building blog

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Piers Bowlan21/11/2019 13:56:00
2168 forum posts
53 photos

Very nice Peter, good luck with the maiden flight. No problem seeing that one against a leaden sky!

By the way, when can we expect to see your Moon Dancer 2 in the magazine?

Rowe UFO next?

Peter Miller21/11/2019 13:57:24
11367 forum posts
1342 photos
10 articles

Going to do it this afternoon.

Then I am going to search for my workbench and the workshop floor!!!

Peter Miller21/11/2019 15:05:53
11367 forum posts
1342 photos
10 articles

Now all, I have to do is wait for a good day for the test flight and at this time of year they are rare...well SUndays are

The Moon Dancer publication depends on Kevin. I am not in any hurry and NEVER chase editors...it only upsets them and one does not want to do that!!!

I have only chased editors twice when plans sat with them for three years. Once was Model Boats and one was Model Airplane News which had sat there for three years also. The Model Airplane news plan was Dragon Dancer which was then published in RCM&E

I am looking at the UFO but need the inspiration to get started. I have a long list of possibleprojects. I also have the Stampe plan to correct and modify, and the article to write etc. etc.

kc21/11/2019 19:23:17
6646 forum posts
173 photos

The Stampe looks really nice and I hope it's an RCME plan soon.......

Interesting to compare the Stampe with Fanlight Fanny - a semi scale Sipa 12 - which looks a bit similar and was Peter's design in RC Model Flyer May 2014. Fanlight Fanny was 53 inch span 500 sq ins and 65 ounces at 18.75oz sq ft for a 29 to 35 twostroke. Very similar wing loading etc. Peter reported that it " flies like a dream" so we can expect the Stampe to be just as good.

Peter Miller21/11/2019 20:39:36
11367 forum posts
1342 photos
10 articles

I cant really remember Fanlight Fanyy.It wasn't intended to be a semi scale Sipa.

Peter Miller24/11/2019 17:28:50
11367 forum posts
1342 photos
10 articles

dsc01376.jpgWell today was a misty day with very low cloud but no wind so a few of the hardy members gathe for a spot of flying.

The cloud/mist was coming very low at times which made it interesting, 200 or 300 feet.

Anyway I was ableo to test fly the model. It flew perfectly with no trim needed. It was rock steady but very responsive. The first flight was quite short as the model vanishing into the cloud was a bit worrying. I did a loop and a roll. Then the landing was one of the best I have ddone in a while.

Second flight and I went to high rates on the aileron. I foud the roll rate fast. I also did a square loop. Inverted was interesting, at low power and speed it was instab;e due to the higher angle of attack which mean that the inverted wing was tip stalling. At full power it was rock steady. I tried to make her stall in the upright position but she flatly refused to do even a twitch.

Flick rolls are very fast..

My second landing was a roller on the main wheels, again one of my best.

stampe2a.jpg

Ron Gray24/11/2019 17:46:56
2326 forum posts
965 photos

Well done for the maiden today Peter, I was flying, just up the road from you and can testify that the low cloud was a problem, one minute it was fine then your model disappeared! A fine looking model and by the sounds of it a beaut to fly.

Peter Miller24/11/2019 17:51:51
11367 forum posts
1342 photos
10 articles

Thanks Ron.

That low cloud was a bit off-putting

dan h24/11/2019 18:17:35
121 forum posts
36 photos

Very nice peter I like that.

Dan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!