Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Bad news from Germany

Multiplex factory/warehouse fire.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Old Geezer09/11/2019 09:19:05
632 forum posts

Seen on Facebook ( in German but the translation is slightly confusing ) a big fire at their manufacturing/storage facility - so it looks like Multiplex products are going to be in short supply for some time to come. Shame, Multiplex are the Mercedes of the model world, I've had more planes from Multiplex than any other manufacturer, everything fitted together without any sanding or trimming and all flew well - never had a dud. A very sad day.

Broken Prop09/11/2019 09:24:41
603 forum posts
1 photos

That is terrible news. I have used their products for many years and agree with the comments above. Quality products.

I hope that they can get back on their feet soon.

Engine Doctor09/11/2019 10:25:15
2317 forum posts
28 photos

A great shame The same thing happened to EZ ARTF models some years ago and they never came back . Like Multiplex they were a great flying model .

Frank Skilbeck09/11/2019 10:37:30
4498 forum posts
101 photos

Reading the translation on their facebook page it looks like the fire was at their suppliers manufacturing facility and the models affected are the Easy Glider 4 and new Fun Cub NG.

Broken Prop09/11/2019 12:26:05
603 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Frank. Hopefully the radio manufacturing is not affected as I believe that is carried out in-house.

Frank Skilbeck09/11/2019 13:08:22
4498 forum posts
101 photos
Posted by Broken Prop on 09/11/2019 12:26:05:

Thanks Frank. Hopefully the radio manufacturing is not affected as I believe that is carried out in-house.

Probably, but the post also said that the factory made various plastic parts, not clear if any of those are for radio parts.

Also they posted more details on their radio tie up with Powerbox to produce a M Link version of the PB Core radio.

Old Geezer09/11/2019 14:48:38
632 forum posts

Not so bad then - thanks Frank.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us