Forum sponsored by CML

Chipping Sodbury Model Flyers

Please get in contact

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Emms 110/11/2019 19:07:08
237 forum posts

Hi All,

I happened to be chatting with the deputy chair of the local Conservatives this morning (we were both laying wreaths for the local parties), and he is also a Chipping Sodbury Town Councillor. I mentioned about the history of model flying in Chipping Sodbury, the fact that the official site on the Common is inaccessible, and the Ridings says that "drones" are banned. I also said that I am a model flying instructor, qualified to fly at public displays, and that if I flew one of my models over now, he would not hear it. I also spoke of the social advantages to older people, and that I have never known of a model flyer developing dementia (Dementia prevention and dementia friendliness being a big thing right now). He said that there is a Town Council meeting this week, and he will mention it.

Whilst not wanting to step on the local club's toes, I see real possibilities of flying "sensible" electric models on accessible areas of the Common, and on the Ridings when it is not being used for other purposes, as a part of the Chipping Sodbury club.

So, if you are a model flyer who lives in (or close to) Chipping Sodbury and Yate, please do get in touch.

Regards,

John

Jon Robb11/11/2019 12:57:39
36 forum posts
2 photos

A lot of people around that area are members of the Beaufort Model Flying Club, that may be the best place to start for drumming up interest.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!