By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

YT 72" Hurricane

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
RottenRow11/11/2019 19:27:02
12 forum posts

I picked up a YT Hurricane at this year's Nationals Bring and Buy, it's the older 72" version, with a Laser 150 fitted.

I am just in the process of sorting out various issues with the model.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have a copy of the original instructions for this model please?

I am looking for initial control surface movements etc. As bought there is excessive movement on all of the control surfaces with the radio set to anywhere near 100% ATV. I can of course reduce this on the tx but would prefer to do most of it by lengthening the control horns where possible, or moving the pushrods inwards on the servo arms.

Thanks.

Brian.

Geoff Sleath11/11/2019 20:49:03
3483 forum posts
319 photos

Reg Shaw's might be able to help with control throws. In his other 'alias' as Ian Redshaw I'm pretty sure he had a hand in the development if not the design. I certainly saw him fly one of the early ones at Ashbourne. Try a PM.

It should well powered with a Laser 150. I think the prototypes were flown with RCV 90s.

Geoff

Andrew Ray12/11/2019 18:30:35
718 forum posts
19 photos

Hi Brian, PM me your email as I still have my instructions and can scan them in the morning.

Andrew

RottenRow13/11/2019 17:53:33
12 forum posts

Geoff, Andrew,

Thank you both for your responses. Thanks Andrew for scanning the instructions for me, they will be helpful.

I've still a few things to sort out on the model but when it's ready I will update the posting.

Brian.

Jon - Laser Engines14/11/2019 10:21:11
4884 forum posts
183 photos

whatever rates the instructions give for the elevator i would probably cut them in half. Everyone moans yt kits have the cg wrong but in reality its the elevator rates that are much too high. This is a problem with many warbird kits (check out the seagull Hurricane thread!) and im pretty sure its half the reason so many warbirds dont last very long.

I would set one of your rate options as low as 5mm deflection as i really doubt you will need more than that.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us