Forum sponsored by CML

Hobby King Again Rrrrrrrrrr

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Barclay14/11/2019 18:47:43
64 forum posts
38 photos
Posted by paul d on 13/11/2019 20:44:50:

Totally agree Tigerman, really don't understand why chaps use them?

why not support a UK model shop?

Who probably buy from China?

Piers Bowlan15/11/2019 08:40:59
1918 forum posts
50 photos

I have never had a problem with Hobbyking, - hundreds of orders from me. Now, I mostly buy from the UK or EU site for a quick reliable service and no duty/handling charges. I have never had an order not be delivered. Also, if the site says it is 'in stock' it is, I wish I could say that for some uk retailers.

The UK model shops that have survived have a good online presence and reputation. I use those too. e.g. Sussex Model Centre, Steve Webb Models, Kings Lynn models, DB Sport and Scale, SLEC, Balsa Cabin, Sarik Hobbies, to name just a few. I am sure you can think of dozens of others.

Erfolg15/11/2019 12:06:32
11445 forum posts
1227 photos

Are Hobby King perfect, no. Is the LMS perfect, well no. Of the two, HK offers a far better service and value for money.

It was HK and Giantcod (before their demise) that has been a principle factor in keeping aeromodelling accessible to the average guy. Additionally they have made a massive range of product available to us modelers. That is better than Ripmax, Mc Gregeor and Perkins combined.

The quality of the goods sold seems in general to be very good. As for Overlander, well i stopped using them some years back, perhaps they have now improved. That is an issue for retailers and distributors, a reputation is easy to loose, far harder to rebuild.

The most frequent issue i have had with goods ordered from HK, is the postal service. Not HK itself. I accept anything ordered from Hong Kong will often take many weeks to get here. From Holland a week or a bit more. The UK is often very quick indeed.

My major criticism with HK is a internet site that does not improve from a users point of view, seemingly less friendly than many years back. I can only guess the improvements are in the stock and purchasing aspects, that we users do not see.

tigerman17/11/2019 19:15:51
192 forum posts

Strange but true .Can anyone explain this with Hobby King .I took Outrunners advice .I really find those Zippy lipo really good and a price I like ( I have a Admiral Pro 6000 Lipo at £99 and put it up against the Zippy 6200 at £69 and in my opinion the Zippy performed better )Any how Why does it cost £18 postage from Hobby King to post a 6200 lipo from the UK and like Outrunner surgested it free from the Europe Warehouse ????.Not complaining ( just save myself £18 ,thanks Outrunner )just order from the European Warehouse .Do not know if this is true ,most properly not but I have been told the Hobby King Warehouse will no longer ship the 6200 from the UK due to the dangerous good act ,you will have to go via the European warehouse .Suit me at free postage Strange if it is true it still has to be delivered by a UK courier !!!!!

Don Fry17/11/2019 20:58:20
4151 forum posts
48 photos

Tigerman, why go on about HobbyKing.

Surely your beef is about the UK postal and courier services. As regards whatever interpretation they choose to place on carriage of dangerous goods that is the source of your problem. When the goods cross borders however, then internationally agreed interpretations come into play. Play by those rules, or you don't ship across borders.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us