Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Rotor Blade C.of.G posn.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Anthony Knight 118/11/2019 14:17:42
2 forum posts

Hi Richard,

I am about to venture into my first Autogiro build. (Cruiser). Having purchased the control head from Coolwind I thought i would start on the blades as i find these a bit daunting. I have made 4 blanks ready for shaping. However after final shaping of the 1st blade I found the c.of.g position to be approx. 22mm from the L.E. whereas from the picture in the magazine article it would appear to be about 12mm ? Is my wood too heavy. (I purchased med/hard balsa.) If this is critical do i trim say 5mm off the T.E.to move posn. neare to L.E. and how would this affect flight. I think that i am in for an interesting learning curve here.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Regards

Tony

Richard Harris19/11/2019 09:34:23
2063 forum posts
1895 photos

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum.

I will check my blades later on as I cant remember their width but I think you will be OK with a mounting hole position 22mm back from the LE.

Rich

Richard Harris21/11/2019 21:24:32
2063 forum posts
1895 photos

Anthony

I fly one of Cruisers on these blades, I think they are Whippit blades.

The mounting hole centre is roughly 25mm from the LE and the width of the blades are 60mm. This set of blades has served me well for many years.

20191121_181511.jpg20191121_181501.jpg

20191121_181521.jpg

Anthony Knight 122/11/2019 19:47:17
2 forum posts

Hi Richard,

Many thanks indeed for your comments. My blades are also 60mm width as per the plan and as my c.g. position is similar i can now proceed with them. (What a relief)

Kind Regards

Tony

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us