Forum sponsored by CML

Horizon Hobby Parkflyer 1100mm Spitfire Mk.IX parts

Searching for old foamy Spit Mk.9 bits

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ian Shaw12/12/2019 12:10:02
13 forum posts

Hi all,

I've just purchased a second hand Horizon Hobby Parkflyer Spitfire Mk.9 1100mm wingspan , it is the one coded JE-J. She is a bit battered and has a fair amount of hangar rash.

She is missing an aerial mast and undercarriage doors and the spinner looks a bit tatty. I am planning to give her a repair job and a makeover into RF-G BS556 of 303 Sqn so she will go with my 303 Sqn Dynam Hurricane.

However, after scouring the net it appears, unfortunately that there are no spare parts anywhere available for this model. So I was hoping that there would be some one out there who has some parts left over from a crashed 1100mm Mk. IX Spit who might be able to help. I am willing to pay the going rate and postage if there is anyone who has any of these parts and doesn't need them anymore.

Hoping in anticipation

Ian

Alan Gorham_12/12/2019 12:12:34
1250 forum posts
145 photos

Worst case surely you can make the aerial mast and U/C doors from thin plasticard and the spinner from a small block of blue foam? If you have the skills to repaint the markings then the replacement parts will be simple.

Probably cheaper than sourcing genuine parts too?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!