Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

BMFA

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Tee13/12/2019 22:03:51
877 forum posts
73 photos

Had to phone the office Wednesday to renew some non flying members (can't do on the Portal) with no problem. Tried yesterday and today to correct some errors on my bulk renewals and the phone just rings and rings. I appreciate they probably are overloaded with queries with the extra bits this year, but normally you get a recorded message saying "your call will be answered as soon as possible" but there is no message just the phone ringing.Tried an email and no reply to that either.

Has anyone else had problems?

John

Former Member13/12/2019 22:35:13
3577 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

Andy Symons - BMFA13/12/2019 23:19:38
618 forum posts
1 photos
Posted by John Tee on 13/12/2019 22:03:51:

Had to phone the office Wednesday to renew some non flying members (can't do on the Portal) with no problem. Tried yesterday and today to correct some errors on my bulk renewals and the phone just rings and rings. I appreciate they probably are overloaded with queries with the extra bits this year, but normally you get a recorded message saying "your call will be answered as soon as possible" but there is no message just the phone ringing.Tried an email and no reply to that either.

John

Just phenomenally busy phone lines and many many emails at the moment. We are getting through them though.

John Tee13/12/2019 23:52:08
877 forum posts
73 photos

Thanks Andy. Thought there might be a problem but it was the lack of the recorded message that was so unusual.

John

gangster14/12/2019 08:33:04
1035 forum posts
29 photos

Absolutely John. The mind boggles at the incredibly busy year they must have had due to the CAA business. They. Have done incredibly well sorting this on top of the day job. We can only imagine how many calls they must be getting at renewal time now. It is a complex item just completed in time for renewal although so many of their queries would have been answer by looking at the web site or reading the BMFA news. We would have used 20 pages on this forum whining if they had put a fiver on the subs to pay extra staff.All credit to them all. Thanks BMFA

Edited By gangster on 14/12/2019 08:34:18

Adrian Smith 114/12/2019 10:50:46
2472 forum posts
1273 photos

Yes thumbs up to the BMFA yes I avoided all the long speculative threads (life's too short, for me anyway!) and just put my faith in the BMFA to do its stuff.

Geoff S14/12/2019 12:26:51
3688 forum posts
26 photos
Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 14/12/2019 10:50:46:

Yes thumbs up to the BMFA yes I avoided all the long speculative threads (life's too short, for me anyway!) and just put my faith in the BMFA to do its stuff.

Yes, me too. I think they've done a great job. I renew through my model club but I did the CAA £9 'contribution' through the portal with no problems. I also made a small contribution to Buckminster partly because I enjoyed the RCME fly-in so much, so congrats all round from me.

Geoff

Keith Sharples14/12/2019 15:09:35
154 forum posts
2 photos
Posted by Geoff Sleath on 14/12/2019 12:26:51:
Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 14/12/2019 10:50:46:

Yes, me too. I think they've done a great job. I renew through my model club but I did the CAA £9 'contribution' through the portal with no problems. I also made a small contribution to Buckminster partly because I enjoyed the RCME fly-in so much, so congrats all round from me.

Geoff

Ditto from me. All those forum pages of grumpys going on and on, I put my trust in the BMFA to fight our corner and they have done a very admirable job trying to keep our hobby as near as possible as we like it. A very very big thumbs up to themyesyes

Nightflyer18/12/2019 12:53:05
207 forum posts

Amen from me on that. The BMFA gets a lot of stick at times but knowing of other battles in the past such as CB days etc I think they have managed a fair degree of damage (nee political) limitation which is not easy. One must hope that in time the government sees the ludicrous need and reverts back to previous practice.

In the meantime, well done BMFA I continue my membership and may everyone have a quiet and joyful Christmas.

Wilco Wingco18/12/2019 13:52:09
237 forum posts
3 photos

I have made 2 requests to the BMFA members department for a code and password so I can put items for sale on their site. As yet no reply after nearly a week. Anybody else had the same?. sad

alec james18/12/2019 14:04:52
33 forum posts

I am the same although not really surprised with what's going on with them at the moment, anyway what I had has now been sold on this forum.

John Bisset31/12/2019 16:01:17
226 forum posts
5 photos

I'd agree - well done BMFA for all this year's impressive & effective wrangling on our behalf !

Even though I did struggle today to figure out how to upload my 'Registration Competency Document to my BMFA Member's records. Finally got there, thanks to my wife asking the right sort of questions - - evidently I don't think in the same way that web page designers do...

Peter Miller31/12/2019 18:02:56
11204 forum posts
1321 photos
10 articles

I got through very quickly today at about 11am

John Tee31/12/2019 21:13:52
877 forum posts
73 photos

I have to admit the the problem I had was of my own making, I was one digit wrong in the number I dialled. I didn't use my glasses and dialled a five not eight. Did get through in the end and soon sorted my problems.

John

cymaz31/12/2019 21:49:08
9273 forum posts
1200 photos
Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 13/12/2019 23:19:38:
Posted by John Tee on 13/12/2019 22:03:51:

John

Just phenomenally busy phone lines and many many emails at the moment. We are getting through them though.

Andy, will you send everyone up there a very happy new year. And thank them for all the work that they do. The unsung stars of the organisation hot

David Holland 231/12/2019 22:06:00
222 forum posts
25 photos

I'll second that. I hope you know how much we appreciate you efforts, Thank you and a Happy, Healthy, Aviation Filled New Year to everyone.

David

John Privett01/01/2020 12:32:29
6059 forum posts
243 photos
Posted by John Tee on 31/12/2019 21:13:52:

I have to admit the the problem I had was of my own making, I was one digit wrong in the number I dialled. I didn't use my glasses and dialled a five not eight.

Oops! Easily done though...

Last week I was skiing in Canada and decided the members of our Work WhatsApp group would appreciate a photo of the snow-covered trees. I didn't have my reading glasses with me and so not only was my caption riddled with spelling mistakes, I sent it to the wrong WhatsApp group - our family one, all but one of the members of which were with me at the time!

Back on topic - very best wishes to those in the BMFA office at what must be their busiest time of year. I haven't needed to call them so much in recent years, but they've always been very helpful when I have needed their assistance.

Paul C.07/01/2020 11:24:00
661 forum posts
159 photos

Has anyone had their BMFA membership card yet ? Presuming of course that you made the payment 😉, not complaining but just wondering if delivery has started yet .

Paul.

Gary Manuel07/01/2020 11:48:22
2276 forum posts
1552 photos
Posted by Paul C. on 07/01/2020 11:24:00:

Has anyone had their BMFA membership card yet ? Presuming of course that you made the payment 😉, not complaining but just wondering if delivery has started yet .

Paul.

Not yet. Maybe they're doing them in large batches?

Andy Symons - BMFA07/01/2020 11:51:22
618 forum posts
1 photos

Cards should be with you no later than 17th Jan.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!