Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

DL's

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Perkins23/12/2008 12:32:00
52 forum posts
13 photos
hello, Ive been flying for a year now but have only just come across the DL's range. I was just wondering weather it would be worth buying one of these over a DA or 3W? thanks Chris
winchweight23/12/2008 12:38:00
2516 forum posts
67 photos

We have 3 guys flying big Yaks and Sukhois on DLs at our club. They are very pleased with them and them seem reliable.

SU26 on DL

Chris Perkins23/12/2008 12:49:00
52 forum posts
13 photos
thanks for that i may try one.
Peter Hawtin24/12/2008 20:43:00
59 forum posts
8 photos

Before you chose a DA or DL take a look at the Area 51. I fitted one in my Pete Tindel Sukhoi and its been amazing from day 1.

take a look at this  http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/UTN/5016/V/6/SP/

I run it with a Graupner 22x8 (running in) and 22x10 prop now its dome over an hour or running. The Area 51 is turning the 22 x 10 at just over 7100 rpm.

The ignition is running off a 1300ma 4.8v NiMh pack and runs happily for 4 - 5 flights per day.

I use Halfords fully sythetic oil, and used it from day one.

You can order them from various locations, but full information is here ... 

http://www.gashanger.com/index.html

Paul who runs Gashanger is a great guy who gives great support.

Peter

Always broke26/12/2008 07:57:00
103 forum posts
4 photos
That looks a nice motor. I am looking to replace on older motor so I think I might give on a try.
Engine Doctor28/12/2008 11:58:00
2467 forum posts
39 photos

Dl's They are brilliant .loads of power but do require a lot of running in. And thers a good spares back up (not that we have neede it yet) Only critisim is that the supplied muffler is noisy !. although the stud sacing is similar to all other petrol motors . If you were really picky then the machining is not quite up to DA standards but they do the job just as well. Go for it loads of power and fun for not a lot of money.

E.D.

Grant Darnley28/12/2008 15:16:00
134 forum posts
28 photos
I've a DL50 on a BCM inverted pitts in my extra, and once it's started it's terrific. Only problem I have with it is drawing fuel for the 1st start of the day but that's apparently an easy fix by re-seating the choke plate. After that it runs perfectly and turns a 23x8 at healthy revs, and it's not even run-in yet. Can't speak highly enough of it and when I got it from peakmodel.com it cost 193 delivered!
Doug Ireland29/12/2008 00:45:00
2088 forum posts
42 photos
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee181/luggins/IMG_0083.jpg

This is my 45cc MVVS in a 27% CAP 232, goes like stink!
seecomber14/04/2009 17:00:17
64 forum posts
   A friend of mine has a DL50 which is fairly new.It seemed to have a lot of air leaks round the carb(Walbro) set up and the mating surfaces of  the spacers mounting the carb were not truly flat.After getting them truly flat and fitting new gaskets the engine ran better but is unreliable at the low end,often cutting out and stalling.
   Club members suspect the silencer,one has fitted a tuned pipe at considerable expense and his engine now runs well,but has anyone any helpful comments on this problem.?.How long a run in period is considered reasonable for this engine?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!