By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Your experience of Banggood delivery time?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Allan Bennett18/12/2019 13:42:43
1686 forum posts
49 photos

In the middle of November I ordered a flight controller from Banggood. Since 19th November it has been showing on their web site as "Shipped" and since 3rd December it has been showing as "China item Leaving overseas". I know their web site suggests we must allow up to 60 days for delivery, but two weeks from (presumably) putting it on an air freighter seems a bit too long.

A check of the GPO tracking system shows only that it's leaving China and they'll have more info when it arrives in UK. So what's your experience time-wise after your order has got to those stages?

Wilco Wingco18/12/2019 13:49:29
234 forum posts
3 photos

I ordered one of their wings and servos from the UK and the motor and ESC from China. After 2 months the motor and ESC had not arrived. I contacted them and they sent another motor and esc, after 2 months it had not arrived. Repeated the above, all 3 "orders" show as left China??. Still waiting. If I don,t get delivery by the new year I intend to reclaim ALL my money from PayPal. I have the wing and servos built and ready but not the motor and ESC, hence the claim for all cash back. They said they guarantee delivery in 60 days????. angry

dan h18/12/2019 13:51:10
117 forum posts
36 photos

Hi allan.

I have the same situation I ordered my 1st item from there the middle of november and still have not received it. My guess is the time of year? Not to impressed to be honest.

Dan

kevin b18/12/2019 13:58:19
1838 forum posts
146 photos

Out of 5 orders 2 never arrived.

It's not Banggood that is the problem. It is the sellers. The other 3 were extremely good.

I now buy through Banggood when the items are not "time critical". For stock, or a long term project.

Prices are usually very good, but if you want it "now" you are better buying from Amazon, Ebay, or HobbyKing (if it is in stock !).

Better still, go to a U.K based model shop (or phone). You may still have to pay postage, but you will be able to track it easier and they will tell you if they have it in stock (or if they can get it).

Last year I bought some FMS retracts from Bolton models. The retracts weren't in stock, but the order was eventually sent. I was regularly informed as to what was happening. I have just ordered some more. They are allegedly available from several places (in China), but by the time you have finished with shipping (cheap) and import costs (not cheap) there is less than £5.00 difference (about 4%). Not worth the hassle !

Steve J18/12/2019 13:58:47
1907 forum posts
54 photos

If usually take the free option and it generally takes 3-4 weeks for the goods to arrive. Never had a problem.

GrumpyGnome18/12/2019 14:02:41
530 forum posts
145 photos

I have ordered several times. Always came in couple of weeks. Exception was a radio - took around 30 days..... 28 to get from china to belgium than 2 to the uk

GG

kc18/12/2019 14:08:53
6515 forum posts
173 photos

Last summer I ordered a set of 6 servos when the price was 6 for the price of 4 and after about 8 weeks they had not turned up so asked for them to be resent. By then the 6 for 4 price had disappeared. 6 turned up within a week and then the original set 6 turned up too a few days later. ( no markings to suggest which was first and which was 2nd lot!) Being honest i told them and they said send one lot back, but I said I prefer to be invoiced for another set as servos are always needed. So duly invoiced at the special price. Fair both ways I thought.

I am still waiting for 5 propellors despatched 29th November - I expect they will turn up soon.

Martin Harris18/12/2019 14:26:20
9338 forum posts
252 photos

I've used them on quite few occasions [more for tools than modelling parts] although my last order was servos. Delivery time seems to average around 3 weeks and they've always arrived as ordered.

Nigel R18/12/2019 14:30:28
3916 forum posts
678 photos

Only ordered a few bits. Several small outrunners and a few slow fly props. They took a number of weeks, presumably travelling on the slowest of slow boats.

I didn't find much difference in terms of price compared with the HK based ebay sellers.

Agree with the time critical comment.

Prices seem good but import duty will remove that advantage if you get stung.

Cuban818/12/2019 14:33:41
2959 forum posts
1 photos

Two orders so far and both arrived within ten days - both were modelling electronics items. Paid for the tracked service each time, so just an extra couple of quid to each order. Tracking was accurate and regularly updated right from China - Heathrow - post office delivery via their app on my phone. Maybe I was lucky, but I'd not hesitate to use them again. A shame that some haven't had the same experience.

Wingman18/12/2019 14:34:38
1148 forum posts
405 photos

Some of the stuff I've ordered from Banggood has taken so long I've forgotten about it! Currently been waiting 6 weeks for a mini welding machine 200x85x120mm- reputedly good for 200 amps but we'll see - cost £26.03 delivered, on special. I just order cheap interesting nic-nacs from Bangood - not bothered if it turns out to be rubbish.

Allan Bennett18/12/2019 15:40:57
1686 forum posts
49 photos

My shipping method is "Air parcel register" and, as I said, the Post Office web site recognises the tracking code, and says it's en route, so delay is probably not Banggood's fault. Maybe one clue is in GrumpyGnome's post above, that just because it's coming by air doesn't mean it's coming direct. Probably delays occur at hubs such as the Middle East and/or Europe mainland.

So, I'll just have to be patient.

Tim Ballinger18/12/2019 16:58:34
792 forum posts
290 photos

Ordered an FMS 50mm EDF on 18 Nov. Predicted delivery was 2nd JAN. Arrived 3 Dec. Paid the small extra for tracking which was kept up to date pretty well. Looked like it actually came from the USA as it passed through New Jersey at one point !

Tim

AndyD18/12/2019 17:49:47
771 forum posts
553 photos

dont know much about them and dont no if they have a uk depot or not but I used them for the first time a couple of weeks ago and ordered a E Sky 1100 foamie for winter flying,placed the order sunday night and received it Tuesday afternoon.

Martin Harris18/12/2019 17:54:57
9338 forum posts
252 photos

Oddly, several parcels have arrived with the Maldives [IIRC] as the originating address.

i12fly18/12/2019 18:23:42
632 forum posts
22 photos

FWIW:

Ordered some covering 01 Nov, estimated delivery 02 Dec, actual 27 Nov.

An FMS fan ordered last April only took 7 days

Servos ordered in September took 30 days

Like Kevin B, I only buy from BG if time is not critical.

Stephen Jones18/12/2019 18:31:26
2839 forum posts
1616 photos

I will NOT use Banggood every again.!

I did buy small items that i could not get for the usual suppliers, and to be fair they did arrive within 3/4 weeks .

These items where small and cheep and i never spent more than £20 ( Small brushed motors, timers, Led lights ) .

So was not too much to lose. As each order was fulfilled my confidence grew, I ordered some wonder clips for my girl friend . We received a lot of clips that looked like wonder clips, But where a clear copy.

Later i bought a small kit which arrived damaged, later i bought a SJ Cam . What i received was clearly NOT a SJCAM.

I sent them a email with pictures and the best they could offer me was £6 off my next purchase.

The camera is not fit as a kids toy .

So that is why i will no longer use BangGood / GangBad.

Steve face 21.

Wingman19/12/2019 10:02:47
1148 forum posts
405 photos

Strangely enough this arrived in my inbox this morning:-

Thanks for shopping in Banggood We are glad to inform you that your order xxxxxxx has been shipped out. Click the button "Track Your Order" to view full details. The tracking info for your order may not be received at this moment, please wait for an update.

Maybe they monitor this forumsurprise

Geoff S19/12/2019 11:55:43
3666 forum posts
26 photos

I've found Banggood to be fairly slow on delivery (3/4 weeks) but the items are coming from China. I've had V911 helicopters and indoor quads for winter entertainment as well as a few tools.

Last year I bought a small quad complete with FPV and goggles which wouldn't bind to the supplied small transmitter. I contacted them about the problem but didn't get a reply - then I checked my spam folder and the replies were there. (can't think why because I get regular emails from them). They replaced the transmitter and I got anothe quad as well (without the FPV goggles which worked well from the start). IIRC the whole thing was £50.

I find Banggood live up to their name with reasonable good value items and, as I found, good custaomer service.

Geoff

Alan H19/12/2019 12:07:46
94 forum posts
2 photos

I've never had an order fail to arrive although a few orders have taken ages. Biggest problem I have had is with their terrible packing, fragile items arriving with a bit of thin bubble wrap around the item and put in a plastic bag.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!