Forum sponsored by CML

Folland Gnat

Scale inlets and no cheat holes?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Yorkman29/03/2020 11:51:13
306 forum posts
22 photos

I think you need a pre-takeoff checklist Simon-just read your sea vixen build thread where you also launched with gyro off....or just have the gyro permanently switched on!

I'd like to know how you manage to get a decent finish with Depron and Uhu Por. I've built a couple of Mosquitos with fuselage construction similar to yours though fewer planks and thicker depron- and as you have said, the depron sands but the glue doesn't...so I could never get the joints to disappear...

Simon Chaddock01/06/2020 23:31:32
5717 forum posts
3034 photos

Having at last got it sorted and the lock down reduced the Gnat flies and with the Gyro on!

An edited video as the breeze and sun directions made low flying for the camera rather awkward.
The launch does show the benefit of a gyro in fact if you don't do something about it it will just fly away! wink 2
It also managed its first loop.
As you can tell from the sound track it can cruise on much reduced power. I shall have to find out for how long.
It also glides pretty well as demonstrated by the 'long walk' resulting from an enforced high approach.
Barrie Lever01/06/2020 23:41:27
243 forum posts
50 photos

Simon

I like that model, nice.

B.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!