Forum sponsored by CML

Broken switch T10J

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Piers Acland19/01/2020 17:32:28
13 forum posts
3 photos

futaba.jpgHi everyone,

Dropped my T10J transmitter and managed to break one of the paddle switches. Should I send the transmitter to someone in the UK to be fixed (if so who?). Or is this a DIY job (in which case where do I locate a replacement switch and is it going to be straight forward to replace it?). Any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

Piers

Martin Harris19/01/2020 18:48:26
9108 forum posts
225 photos

I've not looked inside one but past experience would suggest that Futaba switches are soldered on to PCBs. The DIY option would depend on your competence with a soldering iron - switches are likely to be commonly available types from various sources such as RS Components or Farnell but if in any doubt, contact Ripmax for recommendations - especially if it is under warranty.

Mike Ridley is a name often mentioned - I believe he was formerly a Ripmax/Futaba repair engineer.

Edited By Martin Harris on 19/01/2020 18:51:31

CARPERFECT19/01/2020 19:41:28
500 forum posts
9 photos

Here you are Piers. Rear of the switch. The PCB on the rear holds 2 switches, but has a mini plug that you can remove, just pull. and 3 small pints to de solder and re solder. But make sure you get the same switch or the pins maybe in the wrong order ? if you do not feel confident then any auto electrical shop type of place will do it or a good mate that knows what they are doing. Soldering is not one of my stronger points so. a mate or shop it would be. Ripmax part No Y-T60366 looks like what you need.  £6.75 But RS components they are less than £2 Hope this a help to you.20200119_192003[1].jpg

Edited By CARPERFECT on 19/01/2020 19:45:28

Piers Acland20/01/2020 08:49:56
13 forum posts
3 photos

Many thanks Gents. I will try Mike Ridley first since my soldering skills are rubbish.

Andy Stephenson20/01/2020 12:18:57
44 forum posts
1 photos

The problem I find with the general electronic component suppliers is that the toggle switches they offer don't match up with the circuit board in the Futaba TX. The switch you need has the pins offset to one side of the body. The ones in the catalogues of the correct electrical type all seem to have the pins in the centre. The pins also have to be the square peg type. All this means that unless you can trawl all the suppliers to find the exact type that Futaba uses in their designs, the easiest way is to cough-up the money and order the genuine part.

A.

Piers Acland21/01/2020 16:48:18
13 forum posts
3 photos

Thanks Andy. V useful advice.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
CADMA
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us