Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Bmfa new set up

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
fly boy320/01/2020 22:12:12
3597 forum posts
21 photos

Could be teething problems, but I have a question. After loging in I am asked about my A cert. It was 30 years ago I past it, and blowed if I can remember all the details. Can I ask why they need me to supply this info as the bmfa has all the answers. I'm sure there are members who passed As and Bs 40 may be 50 years ago. Cheers

Martin Harris20/01/2020 22:32:09
9084 forum posts
224 photos

Were your achievements listed on your previous certificates? If not, and especially if you took a break as a member your previous details might not have been associated with your membership number. Probably best to email or phone the BMFA to check.

If in doubt and you're planning on flying in the next few days, it might be an idea to do the online "test" to cover yourself in the unlikely event that you have an accident involving a third party or get pounced upon by the Constabulary!

Edited By Martin Harris on 20/01/2020 22:36:34

fly boy320/01/2020 22:52:12
3597 forum posts
21 photos

Hi Martin, been flying non stop for over 30 years with the A on my bmfa renewal every year. Cheers

Peter Miller21/01/2020 08:25:50
10491 forum posts
1246 photos
10 articles

I had two emails from BMFA yesterday. They looked identical and it was only later I found my certificate and membership card as an attachement on one and the other one was identical but with the confirmation of my CAA registration and withiout the certificate and membership card.

Dickw21/01/2020 10:16:33
557 forum posts
79 photos
Posted by fly boy3 on 20/01/2020 22:12:12:

Could be teething problems, but I have a question. After loging in I am asked about my A cert. It was 30 years ago I past it, and blowed if I can remember all the details. Can I ask why they need me to supply this info as the bmfa has all the answers. I'm sure there are members who passed As and Bs 40 may be 50 years ago. Cheers

Once logged in have a look on your “Profile” at the sub menus to the left of your basic details – one option is “Achievements” and the details of your A Cert should be there. My certificate was, despite dating from more than 30 years ago.

I have never been asked about my BMFA Certs when logging in, Are you sure it was the A Cert they were asking about and not registering with the CAA?

Dick

Engine Doctor21/01/2020 10:35:31
2383 forum posts
29 photos

No need for a war and peace sized discussion with all the associated what if's , could be's and other Chinese whispers. Give Andy Symons a call or email and get a proper explanation

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us