Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Gary Manuel26/01/2020 21:44:48
2049 forum posts
1515 photos
Posted by john stones 1 on 26/01/2020 18:50:43:
Posted by Gary Manuel on 25/01/2020 12:34:50:
Posted by Colin Carpenter on 25/01/2020 12:23:51:

Always disconnect Rx/model before turning off tx ! Otherwise ☠️☠️😂😂Colin

I disagree. In fact, it's a mandatory safety test at our field - to test that the fail-safe is set right.

Obviously hold onto your model whilst doing it - just in case fail-safe is wrong way round!

Nope our club doesn't have a mandatory test for helis, you stick to drones n planes. face 1

Interesting. I'm a member of the same club as you and I thought the safety test applied to all types of models.

Please explain why it doesn't apply to helicopters.

Carlos Contreras27/01/2020 22:05:02
7 forum posts

my guts tells me to leave it in 0%.... safer for everybody. Thanks guys for taking the time to reply. Surely I will have more questions as I'm just starting with RC Helis... I will take it easy, slowly... painfully slowly but safe.

Thanks again !!!

Barryorbik27/01/2020 22:41:57
119 forum posts
3 photos

Carlos, As the throttle potentiometer responded to switch cleaner my suggestion would be to dismantle your transmitter again and put a few drops only of 'genuine' 3 in 1 oil into the potentiometer. That will help stop the silvered elements within the potentiometer oxidizing again. Long term a replacement potentiometer/gimbal is the safest option as a helicopter with the blades spinning uncontrollably is not fun!!

Definately set the throttle cut to 0 as even a low throttle setting will cause lots of destruction if mother earth intervenes in your flight plans.

Barry

Carlos Contreras27/01/2020 22:45:35
7 forum posts

Thanks Barry !!! I will add the oil for sure. I also was wondering where to get a new potentiometer for my DX6i ... I looked but not luck... any ideas? link? potentiometer or the whole gimbal. Thanks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us