Forum sponsored by CML

Hangar 9 Valiant 10cc

Hangar 9 Valient 10cc

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Low pass Pete31/01/2020 13:08:53
252 forum posts
139 photos

Has anyone out there built/flown a Hangar 9 Valiant 10cc? If yes what power plant have you used?

Being an almost dedicated IC flyer I am actually considering what to power mine with. Should I go IC or electric??

If glow I am thinking OS95V or Laser 80. Would the 95 be overpowering. If electric an E Flight Power 46 is suggested with 4S. Has anyone tried a similar set up.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Jon - Laser Engines31/01/2020 14:08:57
5422 forum posts
263 photos

I really wouldnt be looking at anything more than a 70 if you are shopping but if you already have the 80 then it would be fine. Just make sure you get the tank low enough if you install it inverted.

Its a nice looking model though no matter what makes it go

Low pass Pete09/03/2020 15:29:56
252 forum posts
139 photos

Just completed the 1st Engine run on my new Valiant 10cc. Laser 70. Engine fits the cowl very well and C of G spot on with no lead required. Required to mod the tank position to suit the Laser but this was no problem.

Ready to go once suitable day comes along.

img_6600.jpg

img_6599.jpg

img_6598.jpg

img_6597.jpg

Low pass Pete15/03/2020 07:27:53
252 forum posts
139 photos

The new model had its first flights yesterday. Engine runs well in-cowl and has proved to be easy to start. Had three flights in total and she is very nice to fly. It was a bit windy but ok. The wheels are a bit small for our grass site so will probably change them.

The aircraft is a good predictable performer and did not need trim adjustment and now I'm looking forward to more flights. Did not try the flaps on first flights. Used plans for initial control movements but may well increase aileron travel. Will re-assess that on subsequent flights when conditions are less windy.

However Jon's suggestion of a Laser 70 proved to be good advice and the engine suits the airframe. The engine installation looks very tidy. Using Laser 5% and 12X7 prop for now.

Cheers

LPP

J D 815/03/2020 10:03:08
1444 forum posts
84 photos

Looking good, nice tidy installation.smiley

Jon - Laser Engines15/03/2020 10:30:32
5422 forum posts
263 photos

Glad its all working well Pete. The model certainly looks the part but your wheel issue is a common one these days as most kits seem to come with very small wheels and i am not sure why.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!