Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Höllein Inside f5J kit

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Devon Slopes22/02/2020 08:15:45
46 forum posts
36 photos

I'm most of the way through building this kit, and realised we had not got a thread for it on this site. Although I will build it with a motor, my aim is to see how it will perform on the slope in pure glider mode.

So, aside from being interested any experience with this kit, what prompted me to start the thread is to ask if there are thoughts out there on Tx setup. The instructions don't suggest using any reflex for the ailerons when the flaps are down. Likewise there is no suggested aileron differential. Has anyone experimented with this?

PatMc22/02/2020 16:22:25
4321 forum posts
524 photos

I have an unstarted Hollein Introduction which is the non aileron version of the same model. There are several threads on both models in the RCG site here's a search result for the Inside.

BTW I downloaded an English translation of the Inside instructions from RCG.

David Hall 922/02/2020 16:57:17
207 forum posts
14 photos

The "inside F5J" is very light for a sloper..

I have one, built and ready to cover (enthusiasm stalled at the moment). I'd planned to use it in thermal competitions. It will be setup simply at first, similar amounts of reflex and camber on all ailerons/flaps for flying and speed. ailerons on the outer and maybe 50% aileron on the middle, none on the inner. The inner only will have up to 8o degrees of down as braking (as in all my other F5J planes), but have not yet thought of crow braking (I don't think it will need it).   This arrangement will use 8 channels, my present max. 

Edited By David Hall 9 on 22/02/2020 17:10:39

Edited By David Hall 9 on 22/02/2020 17:11:57

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us