Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Eric's fury.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eric Robson03/07/2020 11:24:12
280 forum posts
50 photos

Hi Danny and all, this is the end of the D.Bryant Bulldog strut, the tag is much longer than the Fury. I never had problems with the struts popping out on the Bulldog. The wires did need tensioning now and again. That's why I made the Fury ones adjustable without disconnecting them.

I should stop looking at the Bulldog plan as I get a terrific urge to build another and there are no laser cut parts for it.indecisiondsc_0619[791].jpg

Edited By Eric Robson on 03/07/2020 11:25:14

Danny Fenton03/07/2020 11:45:22
9648 forum posts
4458 photos

Well don't look at me, takes weeks to trace a plan for cutting and i am not keen to repeat that exercise!

I know it wont be very scale, but can you rig some wires to run alongside the struts, from upper to lower wing anchors?

Eric Robson03/07/2020 12:00:47
280 forum posts
50 photos

Hi Danny, if we have a long bad winter I would do it the way I done the first one only now I could print the formers and ribs off the plan. I don't think even the Sinclair Spectrum. was about when I made the first one. The engine was the most difficult part.

I think the extra may do the job on the struts along with careful tensioning and no nose over landings.

Cheers Eric.

Eric Robson03/07/2020 15:41:18
280 forum posts
50 photos

After tensioning the rigging I had to file some more off the tag as I was unhappy with the way they sat on the wing. the amount extra left on the tag seemed insignificant so I tried this on the small tags, it fits in the slot and goes down the side of the main spar. Unless it snaps off it has to come a long way out. Fingers crossed.dsc_0617[795].jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!