Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

spectrum updates via Mac

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tony Depledge27/02/2020 16:12:03
2 forum posts

Good afternoon

I have just upgraded to a Spectrum DX6 and have concerns about updating it via my MacBook air. I downloaded an audio file but my Mac is unable to open the file and transfer it to my SD card. Can any tech savvy members advise me how to go about this?

Steve Hargreaves - Moderator28/02/2020 07:55:31
6744 forum posts
191 photos

Welcome to the Forum John....thumbs up

As I have neither a Mac nor a Spektrum radio I cannot offer any assistance I'm afraid....

Hopefully someone will be along shortly who can help...

John Lee28/02/2020 09:30:59
698 forum posts
56 photos

Welcome John

On my Mac when I download the folder it appears in Finder as 5 .pdf instructions in various languages & 7 .svx audio files, again in various languages. I can't open the .svx files on my computer, but there is no need to do so.

Put your SD Card in your computer & then simply drag & drop the English audio file into your SD Card showing in Finder under Locations. Then eject the card & follow Spektrum's instructions for loading it into your transmitter.

Hope that helps.

Steve J28/02/2020 09:31:00
1773 forum posts
51 photos

You just download the svx file and copy it on to the SD card. You don't open it on the Mac.

Tony Depledge28/02/2020 11:14:29
2 forum posts

Thanks very much for your replies guys, very helpful, it is actually more straightforward than I thought. I assume the same applies to any firmware updates, just download to a dedicated SD card and then install into the TX.

Thanks again, much appreciated. Only need some decent weather to try it out, but sadly you are not able to help out with the weather.

Regards

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us