By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

At last! Finally got out for a maiden flight

Extreme Flight 104" Extra 300 (100cc electrification)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Adrian Smith 104/03/2020 15:14:54
2472 forum posts
1273 photos

An ideal day today to finally maiden my newest project. Sparkling day with very little breeze around 6mph straight down the strip. A few still in case of a bag of bits ending - p1060289.jpg

p1060291.jpg

A video clip of the flight - take off and landing the best bits as I only have a head cam so really too far away. First of two flights with both going very well.

**LINK**

I have the assembly thread plus numbers on FlyingGiants if you are interested.

**LINK**

Here's to the next decent day laughsmile d

Frank Skilbeck04/03/2020 17:49:53
4750 forum posts
104 photos

Very nice yes and your strip is so dry too (jealousy emoji here)

Adrian Smith 105/03/2020 12:48:16
2472 forum posts
1273 photos

Thanks Frank. The grass strip was laid over an old drainage channel built by the Americans in WWII. All through the winter it has never been unflyable which makes me a very lucky bunny. ✈️

Edited By Adrian Smith 1 on 05/03/2020 12:48:42

Adrian Smith 112/07/2020 09:54:04
2472 forum posts
1273 photos

Just a bit of feedback on performance et al after 11 flights. Firstly, the Turnigy CA 120 seems well up to the job and strangely appears to be quieter in the air than my DualSky 60cc equivalent motors. It may say more about the propellor size though, but I am not sure. I have been using a 28X10 prop although I am considering using a slightly bigger one as an experiment. I think the set up can bear it. Given the price of 'em I need to be sure in doing this.

The other observation is she flies very well in windy conditions and holds the line and is rock steady. While I am using Overlander 10000 mAh x 2 lipos in a 12S configuration I am sure using a 14S set up would improve things further. I would firstly have to buy a new charger as mine (UltraPower Quad) will only charge up to 6S lipos, although it will accommodate up to 10000 mAh lipos. And of course different lipos would need to be sourced. I am not ready for that type of outlay just yet as I am happy with how she behaves currently. Safe duration is around 6 minutes before calling landing which is enough for me, although I accept this will not satisfy the majority of flyers.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!