By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

And now, here's the Lidl cheap glider twin power conversion!

detailed build blog

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bonzo Moon10/03/2020 13:32:05
68 forum posts
2 photos

Easy build and it's been a marathon edit, but here is my very detailed build blog for a Lidl cheapo foam glider twin-engined power rc conversion. AUW 260 gms with 1000mA 2s. As yet unflown due to weather, but seems enough power there and CoG is good, so we will see? It looks nice anyway Subscribe to see the (hopefully successful?) maiden! You might take me to the 5K subscribers on my channel

Cliff 195910/03/2020 17:41:01
477 forum posts
76 photos

Very good Bonzo, it should really shift with two motors, is there no end to what these little aeroplanes are capable of? laugh

Bonzo Moon10/03/2020 18:49:33
68 forum posts
2 photos

Thanks Cliff. I'll be happy if it flies! But yes, I think with two of those little motors there should be enough power. Wish the weather would improve, I have 3 new builds ready to maiden now!

Bonzo Moon18/03/2020 16:27:38
68 forum posts
2 photos

Successful maiden (eventually   of my TWIN engined cheapo Lidl (£8) glider RC conversion. (Actually the Wish version of the glider. Same thing really.) After a bit of trimming it was flying like a dream. I set up the props contra-rotating but it was pulling very hard left as you can see in the video. At first I thought maybe my matched motors weren't pulling with equal power, but then realised if that was the case, when it was powered off and gliding having trimmed it right it would then be pulling the other way. Might just be that an £8 foam glider has a few twists though it looks pretty true? At the end of the day, I don't care, it was great to fly! The twin build video, parts list etc are all listed on the video.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!