By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Wilco Wingco05/04/2020 10:05:05
252 forum posts
3 photos

My club is closed for the duration. Hay ho.crying

Jon Laughton05/04/2020 19:28:57
1228 forum posts
72 photos

Our club ceased flying two weeks ago

john stones 109/07/2020 20:56:05
11698 forum posts
1517 photos

More restrictions being eased, what's peoples thoughts about open days ?

Are they doable, toilets present an issue, what other issues does anyone see, I'm talking the small club events not the big ones, not looking for a row either, just other peoples thoughts please.

Peter Miller09/07/2020 21:06:42
11494 forum posts
1369 photos
10 articles

Our small club is operating normally.Just keeping ourc distance but that is all.

Also using hand santitiser to open the gate

Erfolg10/07/2020 12:35:12
11827 forum posts
1354 photos

I personally would leave until the rate of infections for the area had reduced to very low levels. There are some relatively near by towns with reported high levels of the Virus.

Both the UK and Scottish governments have taken a view that we as individuals, do not need the nannie state, expecting us as individuals to be sensible, rather than provide explicit instructions for all occasions.

On that basis many, if not all parts of the UK could be fine.

In case of the club I am a member, in many respects much is the same now as pre-lock down. The one case in our area came into the area, to undertake some work (at a local Golf Club) where my wife plays. The "Track and Trace" seems to have done its job, where all who had some contact have been informed and isolated. The has surprised me after all the negative press.

leccyflyer10/07/2020 12:47:46
1628 forum posts
339 photos

On the basis that we have transitioned to Phase Three here in Scotland, tomorrow I plan to go further than the gate for the first time since Mid-March and have only my second trip to the field this year.

Cuban810/07/2020 13:13:03
3057 forum posts
1 photos

I was going to leave it until the end of the month but I think I'll have a few flights on Sunday. Seeing as the weather's looking ideal and with common sense and sticking to a few simple precautions at the field, my trips to go food shopping are probably more risky, and then not by that much now. Will be the first flights since last October, so a nice easy day with a sports model to get back into it.

Edited By Cuban8 on 10/07/2020 13:15:08

Richard Acland10/07/2020 19:58:49
138 forum posts
70 photos

No problem. We have a very large field and pits area. Just social distance, do not share any equipment, and use common sense. Looking forward to the next few days as we are having some nice flying weather.

David Ashby - Moderator27/09/2020 08:02:18
11090 forum posts
1748 photos
621 articles

Off topic/political posts removed. 

It's probably a good time to lock this one, please start a new thread in the light of new developments.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 27/09/2020 08:07:14

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Support Our Partners
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!