By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Sid king novice e aileron wing

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark Turner 1215/03/2020 22:16:23
4 forum posts

Hi, I’ve got the Sid king novice e plan , but it only has the std wing. The magazine article that came with it mentions an aileron wing plan, but I don’t have it, I could modify the std wing plan, but I thought I would see on here if any one has it. Thanks Mark

fly boy316/03/2020 11:48:55
3672 forum posts
22 photos

Welcome to the forum Mark, lots of help here. Sorry I cannot help with the plan, only a comment. If you do add ailerons the dihedral may have to be decreased a little as well. No doubt some one will come up with a suggestion. Cheers

Mark Turner 1216/03/2020 11:53:44
4 forum posts

Hi Fly boy, Yes the article with it mentions reducing the dihedral, ive done a few searches, but can only find info on the larger Ben Buckle 50" novice, this one is a 40" span. Mark

Dai Fledermaus16/03/2020 16:59:24
1057 forum posts
52 photos

Mark, I have the magazine and the plan. Sid King says the the dihedral angle need to be reduced to 2.5 degrees, with the servo trays sitting on top of the bottom cap strips. If you search EBAy for RC Model World April 2015 you might find someone who has a copy for sale.

kc16/03/2020 17:47:57
6423 forum posts
173 photos

Is it really worth modifying it for ailerons? It's a very small model and there are plenty of plans around for trainers with ailerons in all sorts of sizes. Most people like to start with models that are bigger and therefore easier to see. It depends on your age and eyesight. There are so many plans available for free download on Outerzone etc to choose from.

If you are an experienced pilot and want ailerons then just designing ailerons of a normal size similar to most other trainers should be easy enough. Of course reduce dihedral too.

Mark Turner 1216/03/2020 19:42:03
4 forum posts

Hi dai fledermaus, yes I have the article and plan too, I was confused it talked about an aileron plan and has section on building the aileron wing but there is nothing shown on the drawing/plan.

ive been messing a bout with a flitetest tiny trainer which has ailerons and fancied building something similar that will last better and getting back to building in balsa.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!