Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Vectis Problems

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bernard17/03/2020 19:39:19
493 forum posts
91 photos

Needing to make a large purchase from Argos I thought I'd check the BMFA Rewards site and sure enough there was an offer for 7% discount, so I thought 'Right - I'll have some of that!'

But it was not to be. I tried twice to buy the appropriate gift card, but both times, after going through the Visa verification, I just got a grey box with a sad face which when I clicked it gave me a message 'www.icomsavingworks.co.uk refused to connect'.

There was an email address to contact for help, so I sent details 7hrs ago but no response so don't know the status of those payments - although they do not seem to have hit my account yet.

Has anyone else had problems? Very reluctant to try again now for any other offers!

Edited By Colin Bernard on 17/03/2020 19:41:21

Andy Symons - BMFA17/03/2020 19:47:14
616 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Colin

The Argos gift card was one of the first I used, was a couple of weeks ago and it went through without a hitch. Saved me enough to almost cover the CAA fee. I wonder if its a temporary issue.

Andy

Colin Bernard17/03/2020 20:08:07
493 forum posts
91 photos

Could be - but if the supplied email help doesn't generate a response then i am a bit stuffed. If they can guarantee there is no transaction lurking in their system that will hit my account later, then fine I'll risk another go - but not at moment!

alex nicol18/03/2020 10:33:34
359 forum posts
15 photos

Hi Colin,

if you haven't already, try a Google search for Argos discount codes, you might find a similar or better deal in there.

For what it's worth, if I make any online purchases £20 and over a quick discount code search can often be successful.

Good Luck

Peter Jenkins18/03/2020 23:31:18
1521 forum posts
254 photos

You could also try using Pouch . They automatically search sites for offers. It's searched several sites for me but never managed to find a discount code but I guess it must work on some sites. The guys who thought it up came onto Dragons Den some time ago which is how I heard about it. Worth a try as it doesn't cost you anything.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!