Forum sponsored by CML

Netflix scam

Netflix e-mail "finish setup"

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Frank Skilbeck18/03/2020 18:33:47
4681 forum posts
101 photos

Just had an e-mail from info@mailer.netflix.com with a link to finish setting up. I might be wrong but seems like a scam maybe timed to catch those self isolating.

Gary Manuel18/03/2020 19:18:42
2254 forum posts
1548 photos

I got a scam email from Netflix.

They wanted me to pay them money for stuff I can get freewink.

Dickw18/03/2020 19:54:41
665 forum posts
93 photos
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 18/03/2020 18:33:47:

Just had an e-mail from info@mailer.netflix.com with a link to finish setting up. I might be wrong but seems like a scam maybe timed to catch those self isolating.

I had one of those as well. I tried to report it to Netflix as a scam but couldn't find any way of doing that on their website, so I deleted it.

I suppose it could be a new marketing strategy frown

Dick

Ronaldo18/03/2020 20:11:51
253 forum posts
17 photos

Had the Netflix one. Also a 'TV licence' scam going round saying they haven't been able to take direct debit payment, and could I re-enter my bank details ........

Lima Hotel Foxtrot18/03/2020 21:36:16
382 forum posts
Posted by Dickw on 18/03/2020 19:54:41:
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 18/03/2020 18:33:47:

I had one of those as well. I tried to report it to Netflix as a scam but couldn't find any way of doing that on their website, so I deleted it.

I suppose it could be a new marketing strategy frown

Dick

Most email services have an option to flag a message as a phishing scam, which also deletes it from your inbox.

For those who don't know, a phishing scam is when you receive an email asking for details such as a log-in or bank numbers as a response and the mails are almost identical to an actual company. As posted above, the sender address is usually a slightly off variant to fool the casual reader.

wingcoax18/03/2020 23:06:53
84 forum posts

For those of you who read the Daily Mail, read the personal finance page. There are a number of these scams listed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!