By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

What Traders are still offering Mail Order? Services?

Post here if you are still trading.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cuban830/03/2020 12:44:22
2909 forum posts
1 photos

I can think of two remaining small model shops fairly nearby me that haven't ever really got into the mail order side of their business as they should have (hardly ever ever advertise and have poor websites with limited lines). I obviously won't name them but I suspect as they are now closed to personal callers because of the non essential nature of their business and the travel restrictions, an extended period of non trading will surely risk pushing them out of business.

Good luck to those that are trying to hold things together as best as they can given the current restrictions.yes

Edited By Cuban8 on 30/03/2020 12:46:59

paul d30/03/2020 12:46:31
164 forum posts
11 photos

Well said Robin, now more than ever it's important we support our model shops.

Addlestone models are still taking orders btw...

martin collins 130/03/2020 13:14:01
368 forum posts
175 photos

Model Shop near me, i try and go in to buy my modeling bits and pieces normally, he has just a front page on the internet, this as said may finish many such shops, i would be using the time to get something up on the net which at least says we are open for mail orders...........

Ron Gray30/03/2020 13:19:26
1913 forum posts
785 photos

Add Modelsports, Quadcopters, Nexus and Wheelspin to the list too.

Redex30/03/2020 13:21:48
156 forum posts

BillKits still taking orders.

Peter Miller30/03/2020 14:09:32
10948 forum posts
1272 photos
10 articles

I just had a chat with Steve Webb.

He told me that Parcel force are not even delivering orders to him because they think the shop has shut down. He has a couple of orders including Saito Engines sitting out in limbo.

Of course the shop is still selling goods via mail order .by phone or on line

At least my post is still arriving.

Edited By Peter Miller on 30/03/2020 14:10:37

Edited By Peter Miller on 30/03/2020 14:11:20

David Ashby - Moderator30/03/2020 14:11:36
10988 forum posts
1707 photos
614 articles
Posted by Robin Colbourne on 30/03/2020 12:37:22:

I think this thread is an excellent idea. The shops that are still offering a mail order service are in many cases operating with a skeleton staff, so the last thing they need is us phoning up just to see if they are still open for this.

David Ashby, I appreciate you like to give priority to your regular advertisers, however, in these unique circumstances, by supporting and encouraging the UK hobby as a whole both customers and suppliers will benefit. The continued existence of UK suppliers both big and small can only be good for all of us in the long term.

Of course Robin, that's obvious and why I agreed to Steve's suggestion. wink

Richard Ashworth30/03/2020 14:38:00
102 forum posts
70 photos

Great that so many mail order operations are operating. To give me something to build I have ordered and received two purchases over the last week and a half. Both despatched by model shops within 24hrs using Parcelforce.

One received in the advertised 48hrs. The other on 24hr delivery, sat according to their tracking, at Parcelforces Gatwick depot for 3 days before heading up to Leeds. Their website does say ‘may be delays’!

I didn’t need the contents immediately so not a problem but got worried it may have been lost.

Keep patient, unfortunately looks like we will have a lot of building time.

Neil6730/03/2020 15:48:25
201 forum posts
3 photos

Leeds Model Shop still taking online orders. Placed an order last week arrived next day. Excellent service.

Bob Cotsford30/03/2020 15:56:53
8389 forum posts
463 photos

TJD Models were still doing internet orders last week, my Panic arrived last Wednesday

Trevor Crook30/03/2020 16:02:02
940 forum posts
67 photos

Just spoke to Stan at Phoenix Model Products about one of his Chipmunks. He is still working, very busy, so he got me to order online to save him time. Easy to do, hopefully get the kit within the next week.

Nigel R30/03/2020 16:18:26
3737 forum posts
585 photos

Pegasus - usual quick service from the last week.

Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models)30/03/2020 18:54:48
291 forum posts
79 photos
Posted by Peter Miller on 30/03/2020 14:09:32:

I just had a chat with Steve Webb.

He told me that Parcel force are not even delivering orders to him because they think the shop has shut down. He has a couple of orders including Saito Engines sitting out in limbo.

Of course the shop is still selling goods via mail order .by phone or on line

At least my post is still arriving.

Hi Pete

I don’t want to post loads as I want the thread to be about all UK stores trading through this difficult time . Not just an SWM thread . I’d like to thank everyone else for their posts and wish all the traders a safe time and hopefully light at the end of the tunnel .

Also - I just wanted to say we’ve managed to get Parcel Force to get one delivery they’d incorrectly decided not to deliver . Their mantra was - SWM are a shop therefor closed. Despite us realising this might happen and informing them we were open for deliveries . Apart from that the same firm collect from SWM everyday! Perhaps they are feeling the strain like everyone else.

Yes we advised deliveries could be made - Up the trades mans entrance . Oooer Mrs. Sorry I couldn’t resist a little Carry on Humour. It’s important to keep smiling & laughing .

The Saito parcel is already returned to a closed supplier before we realised PF we’re not delivering and before we were able to correct their error.So it’s in limbo until someone is in at the suppliers to take it back. So annoying as the distributor tried their best to get it to us. We have good stocks but we’re trying to best guess more stock while the supplier closed .

Thanks again everyone - Encouraging to know the trade is still doing what it can. When we come out of this we will still need a model trade and model shops to support the Hobby. And we will come out of it.

But above all else , Stay Safe , stay home , keep the NHS safe

Steve

PS

I can also add that I made a mail order purchase today with Free Flight supplies for some Mylar and bits with Mike Woodhouse at Free Flight Supplies are taking mail order as usual.

Tony j30/03/2020 19:19:13
56 forum posts
4 photos

Hi to all

Placed an order with RC world yesterday got an e.mail today to say it has been dispatchedsmiley

stay well all

Tony J

Brian Hammond30/03/2020 21:18:50
346 forum posts

I just got a Fusion kit from Evolution ,took a couple of days only.

Andy4830/03/2020 21:23:20
1495 forum posts
8 photos

DB Sport and Scale still sending out kits. Again fast delivery

Will keep me busy for a week or two.

Tom Gaskin 130/03/2020 21:25:39
36 forum posts
5 photos

Sussex Model Centre is still doing the business

Tom

Bruce Collinson30/03/2020 22:09:43
511 forum posts

Three orders last two days. 4Max and Modelfixings despatched today; awaiting news of third order. Latter’s website suggests there’s only one staff member handling mail orders. I believe that most of the usual UK based suppliers are very busy, which is good.

BTC

leccyflyer31/03/2020 19:24:24
1420 forum posts
317 photos

Good to hear from you Steve - hope that everything is going well in the shop, at least on the mail order side and that you are all staying safe and well.

All the best

Bri

John Lee31/03/2020 19:46:08
716 forum posts
61 photos

Retromodeller, replied to email within a couple of minutes & order on its way.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!