By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Will we continue to get the magazine (RCM&E)?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Ashby - Moderator19/04/2020 08:06:42
11068 forum posts
1740 photos
620 articles

Trevor and Mr Davidson, assuming you're in the UK, you should have received it by now so best contact subscriptions to check and/or get a replacement.

• Email: help@rcme.secureorder.co.uk
  • UK - New, Renewals & Enquiries
    Tel: 0344 243 9023 (UK) - Lines open Mon - Fri - 8.00am - 8.00pm GMT & Sat - 9.30am - 3.30pm GMT
Trevor19/04/2020 10:42:56
482 forum posts
60 photos

Thanks David. E-mail sent. I did log in to the website to check my subscription number and expiry date and was disturbed to see that the last record relating to my subscription was 2016.

Trevor

Trevor21/04/2020 11:24:12
482 forum posts
60 photos

For once, Sod’s law seems to have worked to my advantage. Having sent off the e-mail about non-receipt of the May edition, it arrived this morning. So, if anyone else is still waiting, there’s still hope!

Trevor

Ernie23/04/2020 15:26:06
2542 forum posts
24 photos

Hi All, and especially anyone with some influence with timemedia

Of course I know that things are difficult etc etc, but the lack of my new issue of RCM&E makes life well nigh impossible

I live in la belle france, and duly got an email explaining that for the time being, I'd get a digital version of the mag

Not too good for browsing on the bog, but perfectly acceptable

So I fillowed the instructions on the email;;;no result So I phoned....The charming lady told me to call back, so I did, she told me to call back, so I did. She promised to get back..I'm still waiting. I sent another email to the address that David gave in the forum...No reply

I've even tried to subscribe for 3 months of digital issues.. It doesn't seem to work

If only timemedia were up, to the same standard as RCM&E

ernie

Glenn Ryan23/04/2020 23:17:01
77 forum posts
1 photos

I think i've sent 3 emails to the one provided by David and a couple more to other email addresses and I haven't had a response from a single one. I know we are going through tough times and all but surely someone is reading these emails because if they aren't then that's bad business practices.

I get that we may be delayed in getting the magazines in the mail but it should be our choice as the customer to choose to wait until later on to receive them. I wonder how they are keeping track of how many issues need to be sent out later on and that's even if they will actually send them out.

What i want to also know which is why i'd love an email is will I receive the May edition as it should have been sent out already or was last months it until further notice.

Ernie24/04/2020 08:30:07
2542 forum posts
24 photos

exactly

ernie

A Davidson24/04/2020 15:52:17
11 forum posts

Yep still trying without success. Have had no reply regarding my lost May issue. I may be going back to buying the issues that appear interesting off the shelf next year. Don’t need to be ignored by mytimemedia. I can be ignored by my expert at home for free 😂🤭

Al

RichB24/04/2020 18:56:29
85 forum posts
1 photos

I have fallen foul of mytimemedia. I'm a long-time subscriber to RCM&E and got an offer via email to try another magazine for £1 for three months, with £11.75 charged after the third issue if I didn't cancel.

I have made a few model boats in the past so thought I would give Model Boats magazine a trial. I duly paid my £1 and the first issue arrived. I actually found very few articles of interest to me, but thought I would try the next two.

Before the second trial issue had arrived I noticed that mytimemedia had taken £11.75 from my credit card account. I emailed twice and got no reply so emailed the editor who said he would forward my email to the subs dept. Still no reply. I then phoned the subs dept. After a long wait I finally got to speak to a lady who said they shouldn't have taken the money and it would be refunded to me in 3 to 5 days. By that time I had received the second issue and decided I would cancel the subscription so she said that she would take care of it.

The next day I had an email from the subs manager who confirmed the cancellation but didn't mention the refund. Needless to say, several weeks later I'm still waiting for the refund and have had a message to say that there will be no more issues of Model Boats magazine but I do have access to the digital archive!

I feel that I have had the money stolen from me and mytimemedia are a very unprofessional company who don't care about customer service.

Steve Ralph17/06/2020 09:55:36
16 forum posts

As a subscriber in Australia I assumed that I would have access to the digital edition.

However after being able to access the May issue last Month, I am unable to access any issue now.

Get

An Error Has Occurred

I'm sorry but we can't process your request at this time (bad referrer

David Ashby - Moderator17/06/2020 10:34:29
11068 forum posts
1740 photos
620 articles

Hi Steve, can you drop an email to Beth, the mag's subscriptions manager, she'll be able to help.

beth.ashby@mytimemedia.com

David Ashby - Moderator17/06/2020 10:37:34
11068 forum posts
1740 photos
620 articles

For overseas readers, the good news is that magazine distribution will restart with the July issue and missing months added to a subscribers remaining timespan.

Glenn Ryan17/06/2020 10:45:34
77 forum posts
1 photos

Hello David,

Sorry I don't understand your last part there about missing issues being added to a subscribers remaining timespan.

What does that actually mean? Will we get the missing issues along with the July issue?

David Ashby - Moderator17/06/2020 11:07:24
11068 forum posts
1740 photos
620 articles

Glenn, no, the subscription timespan will be extended to cover the issues not sent.

Lorenz Mueller18/06/2020 08:10:06
70 forum posts
16 photos

Is there a way to order the missed print issues as back issues? I'd like to fill the gap in the collection, but having no luck so far...

Lorenz

David Ashby - Moderator18/06/2020 09:18:42
11068 forum posts
1740 photos
620 articles

Mags-uk.com is the place Lorenz.

David Ashby - Moderator18/06/2020 09:37:23
11068 forum posts
1740 photos
620 articles

Sorry Glen, I was editing the language in your post and hit delete by mistake......

I'll add your post below.

Glenn Ryan18/06/2020 09:38:43
77 forum posts
1 photos

I'm sorry but I think it's pretty rude that we are expected to purchase the missed copies even though we have already paid for them. I don't care that my subscription might get extended by a couple of months at the end. I didn't ask for the magazines to be halted in the first place.

No I'm expected to go and purchase my own copies.

I'd vent my disapproval to someone but just like all of my previous emails but it will just fall on deaf ears. Yeah I'm cranky.

David Ashby - Moderator18/06/2020 09:41:46
11068 forum posts
1740 photos
620 articles

Well, I'm not an employee of the company, just a freelance contributor and you do have my genuine sympathies.

It's not a perfect situation and I'm sure the company management didn't enjoy making the decisions they made along the way. I'll pass your thought onwards and upwards of course and let you know if there's any encouraging news.

Glenn Ryan18/06/2020 10:06:41
77 forum posts
1 photos

Sorry about having to edit a word out.

I understand you're only a contributor but yes hopefully some words of my frustrations be passed along. To be honest if I didn't enjoy the magazine so much I wouldn't bother re doing my subscription in a few months time I'm that annoyed with what's happened.

robert chamberlain19/06/2020 06:18:44
160 forum posts

HI FOLKS, --I am confused, as usual, about how to get the digital version here in the USA. This has been offered in the past to people who desired it ,--so why can not my name/number simply be add to the list?

Bob C in Kansas, USA

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!