By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Will we continue to get the magazine (RCM&E)?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Piet Timmermans22/06/2020 10:10:25
3 forum posts

Hello ,its now 22 Juli ,bud stil nothing received from the printed RCM&E magazine,Why not.

hello

Pete B - Moderator22/06/2020 14:06:58
7674 forum posts
734 photos
Posted by Piet Timmermans on 22/06/2020 10:10:25:

Hello ,its now 22 Juli ,bud stil nothing received from the printed RCM&E magazine,Why not.

hello

You're a month ahead, Piet - it's 22nd June today!smile

Overseas subscribers, like me, haven't had the printed copy delivered for a while but David has said the deliveries will start again with the July issue. I'm expecting it to arrive any day now, hopefully.

We'll just have to be patient and wait for all the gears to mesh....smile p

Pete

Paul Marsh22/06/2020 16:23:39
4088 forum posts
1231 photos

Suppose I know how he feels. May, June, July, whats the difference. At the moment I forget which day it is. Strange times.crying 2

Tomas Dunker23/06/2020 08:31:22
76 forum posts
84 photos

Is this true?

"The British newspapers do not come to Sweden anymore.
Many British magazines have stopped publishing in paper form and have gone digital.
Can't say if RCM&E will only be available digitally in the future butit does not appear to be in paper form in the near future."

David Ashby - Moderator23/06/2020 09:15:44
11060 forum posts
1740 photos
620 articles

Untrue Tomas. At least as far as RCM&E is concerned.

Tim A23/06/2020 09:57:35
234 forum posts
13 photos

While I am grateful to have access to the online edition during the past 2-3 months it will be good to get my hands on the paper version. Must be old fashioned but I find it more satisfying to curl up with a book or magazine than a laptop.

Tomas Dunker23/06/2020 15:36:02
76 forum posts
84 photos

Does anyone know the reason why we in Sweden have not yet received the May (and June) issue of RCM&E?

David Ashby - Moderator23/06/2020 16:24:48
11060 forum posts
1740 photos
620 articles

Tomas, as I think this thread alludes to, those issues weren't posted owing to the potential for delay and/or non-delivery due to the Covid crisis. Subscriptions will be extended for 2 months accordingly.

Tomas Dunker24/06/2020 09:24:42
76 forum posts
84 photos

It seems that I will not get the May and June issue of RCM&E but is it possible in some way to get the plan of Wunbesix from the June issue?

Piet Timmermans28/06/2020 20:09:15
3 forum posts

Maybee next week,i reveived the RCM&E,fingers crost,its about time.

Piers Bowlan28/06/2020 21:19:54
2168 forum posts
53 photos

Hi Tomas, PM sent.

Joost Roeleveld29/06/2020 07:16:52
15 forum posts

Mailservice between UK and NL is working as I did receive the letter asking me to renew my subscription.

I am hoping the missing issues will be shipped soon as reading in my phone, even though the app is better than using the website, is not as convenient as reading it on paper.

Glenn Ryan29/06/2020 08:43:44
76 forum posts
1 photos

Therein lies the problem Joost. They aren't sending us the missing issues. That's up to us to get them. They are supposed to be compensating us by extending our subscription by 2 months. Not what I wanted but by the looks of things the distributors don't really care what the people want.

flyless29/06/2020 09:37:32
24 forum posts

Is the July mag in the paper shops

Joost Roeleveld29/06/2020 10:37:14
15 forum posts
Posted by Glenn Ryan on 29/06/2020 08:43:44:

Therein lies the problem Joost. They aren't sending us the missing issues. That's up to us to get them. They are supposed to be compensating us by extending our subscription by 2 months. Not what I wanted but by the looks of things the distributors don't really care what the people want.

When I spoke to the publisher, they did promise that the missing issues would be sent when the current situation would be resolved. IOW, we would still get all the printed magazines.

Are you now saying you heard differently?

Glenn Ryan29/06/2020 10:49:29
76 forum posts
1 photos

Perhaps I've miss read some comments on here. I may have also misinterpreted David Ashby's post just above but I guess we'll have to wait and see what shows up in the mail over the next few weeks.

Joost Roeleveld29/06/2020 11:20:47
15 forum posts
Posted by Joost Roeleveld on 15/04/2020 14:38:33:

Update for all, after spending an afternoon on hold, I managed to get the following info:

1) All issues will still be delivered later this year. (Anyone else calling, please ask the same question to get this confirmed)

2) The subscription number I can see on my account is for my PRINT subscription. For the digital subscription there is a different number. (With that one it now works to read the issues on my phone and tablet). Why it used to work with the PRINT subscription is something the lady on the phone could not answer.

The phone number is:

UK: 0344 243 9023 International: +44 1604 828 748

Opening times are shortened (9 AM - 5PM)

This is when I was told the issues were only "on hold" and I would still get them.

I was not informed of any change to this. If this has changed, I will, to put it mildly, not be amused.

kc30/06/2020 19:25:09
6639 forum posts
173 photos

You would think that paying a subscription would be regarded as a contract - you pay the sub and they have to supply or be in breach of that contract? Maybe there is something in the small print that allows one side to renage on the contract in some circumstances.

However for Joost and others there might be a solution. Many RCME readers read the magazine and then put it to one side and throw them away after few months or give them to friends. Maybe an advert or posting offering to swap your local RC magazine for the RCME you want would produce a reply that suits both with delivery when the situation allows. I suggest 2 of yours for one of theirs is the sort of thing to tempt as not many Englishmen speak or read foreign languages so they would be getting less of interest.

Glenn Ryan30/06/2020 22:39:44
76 forum posts
1 photos

I was very lucky and a gentleman contacted me a few weeks back in regards to the missed copies. We currently have an agreement that whatever issues that I missed he'll send to me as long as I pay the postage. I'm happy to do that. Now we are just waiting to see what turns up in the mail.

Thanks again Kevin if you're still watching smiley yes

Alfred Vink02/07/2020 16:39:42
15 forum posts

As a foreign subscriber (The Netherlands) I received my printed July copy in the mail today!
I hope this means that, as far as RCM&E is concerned, things are getting back to 'normal'

So what about the printed May and June issues, are we still going to get these by mail ?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!