Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Canisters for petrol engine.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john stones 104/04/2020 21:24:37
11453 forum posts
1516 photos

Anyone used Skyartec for canisters ? I'm aware of all the top makes, but they're beyond my price range.

john stones 109/04/2020 20:17:39
11453 forum posts
1516 photos

Help, I'm aware these two links are only pictures, but what's the difference between a canister set up and a power tuned pipe ?

Piers Bowlan09/04/2020 21:28:43
2120 forum posts
53 photos

The difference is £15.04p by my reckoning. wink 2

john stones 109/04/2020 21:39:41
11453 forum posts
1516 photos
Posted by Piers Bowlan on 09/04/2020 21:28:43:

The difference is £15.04p by my reckoning. wink 2

Had that down as first answer Piers. gift Here's your prize. face 1

Peter Jenkins09/04/2020 23:28:45
1520 forum posts
254 photos

John, my gut feel is that the term power tuned pipe has more to do with marketing than actuality. A proper tuned pipe is much longer and will be a convergent/divergent shape with a baffle to reflect back the shock wave from the exhaust port. I was told Weston that a tuned pipe is a pain if you wanted to fly at different power settings as opposed to the speed or pylon racers. Also, throttling was very poor as the pipe came on and went off as you throttled the engine. I've tried DLE cans and while they do work they didn't bring the noise level down to the required 82 db. The more expensive ones are, in reality, better value for money as they will usually get you through the noise test and sound better. Alternatively, go the route of using a secondary mini can as was covered in the mag recently and that might work out cheaper than using the more expensive option but will require a good deal of work to get a satisfactory installaton.

So, if you go for the cheaper of the two you could buy the smaller silencer, I think it was about £10 plus postage. and you might be in business after a bit of jiggery pokery.

john stones 109/04/2020 23:34:45
11453 forum posts
1516 photos

I can afford a punt on the dearer one Peter, the cans probably slightly bigger, not expecting KS results but worth a try.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!