Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Light Relief

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Capt Kremen05/04/2020 12:09:46
352 forum posts
144 photos

For anyone wishing a little light relief radio listening and a break from the current sadness reported in the news, may I recommend internet radio.

As most of our community here are of a mature age, you will likely have grown up with the likes of: 'Dads Army', 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue', 'Navy Lark', 'Likely Lads', 'Les Dawson', 'Our Brave Boys' , 'Just A Minute' etc. etc. ALL these and many, many more are available to stream 24/7, on several UK Internet Stations:

'Abacus Comedy Radio' , 'British Comedy Radio', 'Pumpkin FM Comedy Radio'

Enjoy

Keep Safe, Keep Well, Keep Smiling Folks

Peter Miller05/04/2020 12:36:41
10959 forum posts
1272 photos
10 articles

I have been selecting some of my lighter films from my collection.

Then last night I really enjoyed a very light film from long ago on ITV4, "Smokey and the Bandit", Very simple, not much story but fun.

Ray Wood 405/04/2020 12:53:14
207 forum posts
44 photos

Hi All,

If you haven't listened the BBC radio dramatisation of Len Deighton's book Bomber about the last flight of Lancaster O oranges in 1943, a radio epic of the early ninties, narrated by Tom Baker and starring Samuel West, told from both sides of the conflict, very moving, it's On YouTube.

It's a classic, and you can build at the same time 😀

Regards Ray

john stones 105/04/2020 13:18:35
11453 forum posts
1516 photos

I've been Trekking, watched Picard series 1, pretty good. smiley

Keith England 105/04/2020 13:42:14
15 forum posts

I’ve been binge reading Jack Higgins “Sean Dillon” Books. What’s funny from a flying point of view is that he has it in his head that 500 ft is dangerously low and there are several incidents where he causes an opponent to crash by a sudden manoeuvre at that height and the baddy fails to miss the ground. Strange really that’s the height light aircraft often turn onto finals at and most seem to survive the manoeuvre quite well 🤡

oh, and even in 2016 most of the heroes drive Mini Coopers and always have a Colt 25 with hollow point ammo concealed on their person. They are still a good way to pass a boring evening though and I’ve run out of Biggles books for now 🤓

Chris Walby05/04/2020 14:36:47
1199 forum posts
299 photos

Well a bit of everything and even a twin allowed to join the flight!

**LINK**

23 minutes of something for everyone, superb.

gangster05/04/2020 15:10:46
1010 forum posts
17 photos

And don’t forget You Tube streams all those great comedy’s that would nut be pc these days but were harmless fun. Benny Hill, Ain’t Half hot mum, Alf Garnet , Mind your language. Monty Python etc etc They are all there

Martin Harris05/04/2020 17:01:01
9263 forum posts
245 photos
Posted by Chris Walby on 05/04/2020 14:36:47:

Well a bit of everything and even a twin allowed to join the flight!

**LINK**

23 minutes of something for everyone, superb.

Bit over-generous with the primer on the Mossie's port engine?

Great quality video - and what a collection!

buster prop06/04/2020 07:44:44
495 forum posts
13 photos

To pass the time I've been browsing YouTube. At first for clips related to model and full size flying, then as you do straying into classic rock and motoring which led me into Jay Leno`s garage. Jay is a US chat show host and car enthusiast with many restored classic cars and a few motorbikes. He describes vehicles and bikes in detail then takes them out for a drive. Not all are American, he's featured a 1964 Triumph Bonneville and a 1963 Jaguar E Type (XK-E over there). My wife watches Belgravia while I sit with the iPad and headphones watching YouTube.

cymaz06/04/2020 07:52:11
9196 forum posts
1186 photos

Radio 4 Extra on DAB has Some excellent programmes

Cuban806/04/2020 09:36:18
2911 forum posts
1 photos

Some good modelling related stuff here **LINK**

Look for the Dave Platt interview.

Shame they haven't done much new for a couple of years but some interesting pieces from their archive going back some time. A lot of good full size warbird coverage on the main site as well.

Richard Acland06/04/2020 10:57:09
106 forum posts
32 photos

Just re watched "Over Here" on U Tube brilliantly funny and nostalgic two parter about the first American Bomber Squadron to come to the UK and their RAF counterparts. If you didnt see it first time it is a must watch

David Davis07/04/2020 11:06:42
3683 forum posts
688 photos

If you are tired of living under house arrest, here's something to amuse you. I have been known to perform at open mike nights. Several local musos have been putting videos of themselves on a well-known social media site, presumably using their Smartphones. I'm such a Luddite that my mobile phone is the dumbest of the dumb phones, it won't even work as a camera, so I can't participate and while I'm (in)famous for singing serious and sad songs, John Gregory, a retired English firefighter, sings the most witty songs imaginable. For some reason most of these postings make the musicians look as if they're left handed when they're not!

**LINK**

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!