Forum sponsored by CML

Sopwith Pup refurb

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ceejay22/05/2020 00:03:02
481 forum posts
410 photos

It takes longer to tell than do honest

after taking all the waste bits of the former I now start to finish it off this is where delicate hands help unlike the large sausages I possess but hey

it will take a bit of fiddling and filing and returning to the former for a re shape several times but eventually I put it back on former for a bit of a polish with some scotch bright or wire wool

a little more fettling filing and reforming and polishing later I ended up with thisimg_20200521_180352.jpg

it’s at this point I have to admit that my first effort got binned

ceejay22/05/2020 00:08:33
481 forum posts
410 photos

This first one took about 30 mins (well an hour if you count the scrap one) but having got a sequence in my brain cell the next three took another hour

img_20200521_195008.jpg

then one final thing a coat Or three of primer and they can hang on a hook in me shed till I need em,

after this I did a bit more stitching and sticking tapes down only have one more wing to stitch two more ailerons and then two lower wings to perimeter tape along with the ailerons then it fuselage time, this is going to be messy as I have some paint to strip. Luvverly

chris

ceejay22/05/2020 00:09:42
481 forum posts
410 photos

Painted ones now dry

img_20200521_222709.jpg

cymaz22/05/2020 05:01:29
9251 forum posts
1195 photos

I use supermarket larger cans. The aluminium is paper thin and easily cut by scissors. And of course, the contents have to be drunk first. The bottom of the cans make excellent wheel hub covers to. CA glue will stick well.

Mrs C takes some convincing though, as I pick up a 4 pack....” why do you want a 4 pack of lager? “ .

“ To make some litho plate detail on a model my love...”

“Really ! “ .....sigh

Edited By cymaz on 22/05/2020 05:01:50

ceejay22/05/2020 11:46:28
481 forum posts
410 photos

yes ace I love it I’m off to buy some thatchers gold now I have an excuse

ceejay22/05/2020 13:33:55
481 forum posts
410 photos

Hm dunno why it put photo twice earlier it’s probably me sausage finger

ceejay28/05/2020 23:16:43
481 forum posts
410 photos

I haven’t run away honest my daughters house purchase finally got the go ahead last Friday after a 9 week lockdown on house moves so it’s been a busy week ripping it all apart 🤣🤣

ready to start the rebuild tomorrow painting ceilings for me and Saturday the plasterboard and plastering team arrive

back to toy aeroplanes soon

chris

George P.02/06/2020 10:15:04
65 forum posts
23 photos

Superb detailing (as usual), Ceejay. I am following with interest and to get tips.

I have built a DB 1/4 scale Pup that I was hoping to maiden when I was up at Ashbourne this Spring until Lockdown put an end to that. I suppose there is still time though.

I have put some rib stitching on it and some other scalish details but was hoping to maiden and see whether the rigging gripper system fails before going to the effort of painting the roundals and adding some cowl detail.

I have been regretting not choosing a 1/4 scale Fokker D7 and not having the hassle of rigging wires ( I will be folowing your Fokker build). I may still build one if the Pup does a wing fold up!

Geoff S02/06/2020 10:58:32
3659 forum posts
26 photos

They'll be right, George. It'll be great and we'll have a squadron of differently scaled Pups up at Ashbourne ... eventually!

Geoff

ceejay10/06/2020 19:47:23
481 forum posts
410 photos

Well hello

after a hectic couple of weeks helping daughter gut out her new/old 1930,s house chucking a lot of the more recent decades stuff and unearthing the old fireplaces and floors replastering finally happened and now we wait for it all to dry out

sooo. Back to the shed for an hour or two.

and wayhayy all the wing surfaces are finally covered in fabric and all tapes applied so these can now be stored ready for paint, next up is the fuselage for some surgery and a prep for new paint so watch this space, off to dig out the bench and floor soon from all its off cuts of fabric and suchlike before I dare take any pics

chris

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!