Forum sponsored by CML

Looking for fine control snakes

Advice

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
kc17/05/2020 12:53:21
6514 forum posts
173 photos

I know that what I suggested is a complication, so why not use a couple of tiny servos with a tiny Lemon Rx? Weight is less than 28 grams and cost is less than 20 pounds, works with any SpektrumTX.

Ron Gray17/05/2020 12:54:14
2173 forum posts
941 photos

Excellent company to do business with, in my experience.

David perry 117/05/2020 12:59:51
1054 forum posts
13 photos
Posted by kc on 17/05/2020 12:53:21:

I know that what I suggested is a complication, so why not use a couple of tiny servos with a tiny Lemon Rx? Weight is less than 28 grams and cost is less than 20 pounds, works with any SpektrumTX.

KC, BECAUSE....the rationale for this whole project was / is to use the little Rx / servo block i pulled from an old Whippet glider. I saw that and thought....aye aye, I smell a little project...

Thats all. If I don't use the little rx block I've wasted the project in a sense so whilst I really appreciate your input and don't wish to seem thankless, the way ahead is either teeny pushrods or elastic and thread. I had considered the very small servos though but had to stop myself because of the rationale!

So you see my point I hope?

I'll post a pic of this when I have resolved it.

kc17/05/2020 13:20:12
6514 forum posts
173 photos

I see what your idea is. Maybe a balsa pushrod perhaps with a bit of carbon fibre?

Piers Bowlan17/05/2020 13:37:16
2148 forum posts
53 photos

I built a Liftworx Seeker DLG years ago, it was 42in span and Weighed 100g. The elevator and rudder used .4mm carbon push rods that seemed to weigh nothing. The ends of the rods were attached to short pieces of wire with Small pieces of heat shrink and cyano. The wire was bent I think to pass through .4mm ply control horns. The two servos were located in the wings oddly enough but despite the relatively long control runs there was little slop. If you experience slop you could glue in some short tubes made from wire insulation or similar, as bearings.

David perry 118/05/2020 12:57:44
1054 forum posts
13 photos

Right, I did it the old fashioned way...a reel of cotton, some tube, some wire, a bottle of glue and fifty years of stupidity. Enough pussy footing round...start squirting glue...

And it works. Of course it works. Thats we do isn't it?

I now have functioning RET on what was a rubber FF model. Im just cleaning the kitcen floor then if I have time I will start tissuing the fuselage.

Thanks for the advice chaps...spurred me on.

D

David perry 126/05/2020 11:03:33
1054 forum posts
13 photos

OK well this is what transpired...

121g ready to fly and it flies beautifully. Very pleased indeed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r6Pow3viVFCmNVxj6

I'd add a photo as well but the system is unfathomable to me.

David

Edited By David perry 1 on 26/05/2020 11:05:17

Edited By David perry 1 on 26/05/2020 11:21:59

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!