Forum sponsored by CML

Bowman kit, the Mini Skyman

Found in loft

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steven kimpton01/06/2020 18:14:25
1 forum posts

Hi All,

I have been clearing out a elderly relatives loft who sadly passed away recently and found the above kit. It is in its original box and looks complete apart from the plans. There is a helpful hand written note in the box saying plans stored separately. Can anyone direct me to someone who may have a copy of the plans. Although I am not a model maker I would really like to at least have the plans to either complete the model or to pass the kit onto someone who would enjoy this kit.

Thanks Steve

Robin Colbourne02/06/2020 00:30:16
596 forum posts
17 photos

Great find Steve! I always fancied a Mini-Skyman but never got round to getting one.

Modelplans.co.uk list the plan, so you could try contacting them: Bowmans Mini Skyman plan from Model-plans.co.uk

If you do build it please post some photos of the build and the finished model.

Robin

Alan Gorham_02/06/2020 09:10:38
1288 forum posts
145 photos

I had two Mini Skyman models back in the 80s. The first was built from the kit and fitted with a Cox Tee Dee 049, flown rudder/elevator.

The second was modified from the kit plan to have a wing with ailerons and less dihedral and the wing was cut from foam. Engine was an OS 10 FSR. Went very well for many years.

You'd be welcome to a copy of my plan but after so many years, the dyeline print faded and became illegible.

Luckily Robin has sourced a plan and I've actually bought a few plans from there before. The proprietor Derrick is very helpful.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!