Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Are Flitehook currently taking orders

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andy Stephenson06/06/2020 12:04:24
169 forum posts
28 photos

I sent Flitehook an online request for balsa and left a phone message in the last couple of days but I haven't heard anything back from them. Does anyone know if John and Pauline OK and just taking a break. There's no indication on their website about the current status of their business.

Andy.

Barrie Lever06/06/2020 12:17:54
243 forum posts
50 photos

Andy

Pauline passed away last summer, I keep an eye on John, we even invited him over for Xmas day lunch but he was going to have lunch with some old drinking buddy in the same home where Pauline stayed.

I would give John a call, email and the Internet are not his thing, failing that let me know what you want and I will track him down.

He is a very good friend of mine, we share a lot of interests including old motorcycles of which he has three (BSA Gold Stars) one of which I have ridden.

Regards

Barrie

Andy Stephenson06/06/2020 12:48:18
169 forum posts
28 photos

Barrie,

Many thanks, I hadn't heard about Pauline. I hope John is still doing OK, I used to see him at the indoor meetings which I haven't attended for a while.

The quality of his balsa seems second to none and I am keen to use it on my next project.

I left a telephone message yesterday to follow-up after completing the online form on his website. I will give it a few more days to see if he gets back to me. I don't like to think I would be hounding him if he's not trading so much these days.

I will see how it goes and may get back to you if you think you can help.

Cheers,

Andy.

Richard Clark 206/06/2020 17:51:49
292 forum posts
Posted by Barrie Lever on 06/06/2020 12:17:54:

Andy

Pauline passed away last summer, I keep an eye on John, we even invited him over for Xmas day lunch but he was going to have lunch with some old drinking buddy in the same home where Pauline stayed.

I would give John a call, email and the Internet are not his thing, failing that let me know what you want and I will track him down.

He is a very good friend of mine, we share a lot of interests including old motorcycles of which he has three (BSA Gold Stars) one of which I have ridden.

Regards

Barrie

Sorry to hear about Pauline. I knew John, but not well (he lives quite close to us). He used to come to Beaulieu in his blue van full of modelling stuff quite often. I bouqht a 'Falcon' kit of the Vic Smeed Debutante and a Ben Buckle Junior 60 kit out of his van..

Three Goldies? He once came to Beaulieu on one. But three? The model trade must pay quite well, a good one (and the one I saw was perfect) is worth up to about £17,000 now .

Barrie Lever06/06/2020 20:40:25
243 forum posts
50 photos

Richard

John is a frugal man and the Goldie's represent a lifetime of fiscal caution added to which I think someone gave him one of them.

Regards

Barrie

Andy Stephenson10/06/2020 10:17:54
169 forum posts
28 photos
Posted by Barrie Lever on 06/06/2020 12:17:54:

Andy

Regards

Barrie

Barrie,

I would have preferred to send you a PM but I guess you have this turned off on your account.

I have had no response from Flitehook after leaving phone messages, can you ask John if he is still able to fill orders for balsa etc.

I have already listed my requirements on the contact page of his website although I have subsequently thought of a few other things I need to add.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Andy.

Barrie Lever10/06/2020 14:22:43
243 forum posts
50 photos

I will contact him.

I can be contacted by PM

Barrie

Barrie Lever10/06/2020 14:44:34
243 forum posts
50 photos

Hello Andy

I have just had a good telephone conversation with John, basically he is keeping his head down right at the moment.

I think this is understandable given that Pauline passed away last summer/autumn and now with the virus. Basically he is in self preservation mode.

He has said that he still has wood, although not quite as extensive a stock as normal, he intends to crank things up again once the virus makes things a bit more workable.

PM me your requirements and I will get it looked at by John.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards

Barrie

Andy Stephenson10/06/2020 15:14:52
169 forum posts
28 photos

Barrie,

PM sent.

Cheers,

Andy.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!