Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

DX9 Roller

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Davis23/06/2020 07:03:03
3785 forum posts
729 photos

I have owned my DX9 transmitter for about six years.

When trying to use the roller to affect a change in the programming, to alter the servo travel for example, it is often possible to turn the roller without it affecting anything on the screen, as if the pinions are not engaging.

I have an old DX6i which I use as a slave when instructing. The roller failed on this some years ago and I replaced it with a metal after market roller. I bought two steel rollers when the one on the DX6i failed. I took the back off the DX9 yesterdy but chickened out of fitting the steel roller when I saw how much more complicated the DX9 was compared with the DX6i! I suppose I'll have to send it away for repair.

I am mainly a glow flyer so perhaps some of the fuel has got into the works. The outside of the transmitter looks pretty second hand. Time for a new transmitter perhaps.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

Denis Watkins23/06/2020 09:15:08
4544 forum posts
123 photos

Have done 2 of these successfully David, and the job is not simple but is straightforward.

Look at this page again and you decide.

Look at the photos

**LINK**

Cuban823/06/2020 09:46:49
2992 forum posts
1 photos

Looks an easy job providing that you take care to protect the tranny front with foam and be careful not to strain the wiring. Use decent fitting screwdrivers and just take your time.

Martian23/06/2020 09:59:20
2541 forum posts
1169 photos

It looks straightforward enough the roller board assembly is all that needs to be removed .

David Davis23/06/2020 11:28:21
3785 forum posts
729 photos

Thank you gentlemen, I'll look into it in a few days time.

Martian23/06/2020 12:49:11
2541 forum posts
1169 photos

The only place I have been able to find the complete plate/board is Ali express . The problem is caused by the potentiometer that the roller fit in the wear and become gritty cleaning is only a temporary code .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!