Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Flying during pandemic.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cuban813/07/2020 10:08:33
2989 forum posts
1 photos

Decided to bring  my period of incarceration to an end a little earlier than planned yesterday considering how things are progressing and enjoyed a fabulous full day's flying since packing up for the winter last October. No problems with social distancing - sensible precautions in place without a feeling of paranoia. A dozen flights, both IC and electric, plenty to catch up on with my buddies - no reports of anyone or their families succumbing to the virus, so all good news. yes

Edited By Cuban8 on 13/07/2020 10:10:42

J D 813/07/2020 19:12:18
1524 forum posts
84 photos

Flying yesterday at club sitesmiley after relaxation of travel distance rules in Wales. With only about a dozen of us no problem with social distancing.

After a long winter and then the Covid time away there were some rusty pilots on site resulting in several whoopsies [ crosswind did not help ] I managed to rip the UC and bulk head from my Limbo as a result of dumb thumbs.blush

Richard Acland13/07/2020 19:31:50
119 forum posts
38 photos

Went to our club field yesterday for the first real session since lockdown. Very disappointed with the way people were carrying on. Had to tell people twice to stay back from my space. One person having engine problems had a group of four people gathered around his model offering advice. We had agreed beforehand that we would all social distance and this completely went out the window. One or two members complied with what was agreed, apart from that it was a shambles.

buster prop13/07/2020 23:11:54
500 forum posts
13 photos

I have been going to our field early in the mornings because my wife doesn't trust people to social distance from each other. Reading the above post, I think she might be right. If that's the only way to go flying then early mornings it is, less windy then anyway. If anyone else appears I am supposed to leave immediately, swearing on a stack of bibles almost came into it.

Martin Harris13/07/2020 23:31:53
9409 forum posts
255 photos
Posted by Richard Acland on 13/07/2020 19:31:50:

Went to our club field yesterday for the first real session since lockdown. Very disappointed with the way people were carrying on. Had to tell people twice to stay back from my space. One person having engine problems had a group of four people gathered around his model offering advice. We had agreed beforehand that we would all social distance and this completely went out the window. One or two members complied with what was agreed, apart from that it was a shambles.

That's a shame. My own observations have been that members at my club are generally respectful of distancing but there is the odd moment of forgetfulness - perhaps we're too used to helping each other?

In these circumstances, I'm sure a reminder delivered in a friendly manner shouldn't cause upset.

john stones 113/07/2020 23:45:08
11595 forum posts
1517 photos

Yep, our lads/lasses have been spot on, helped people when it's been needed, but applied common sense, pleasure to be back out with em. smiley

John Stainforth14/07/2020 11:20:58
367 forum posts
64 photos

All this faith in common sense bothers me, when history teaches us it can be very unreliable. It often leads to lowest common denominator outcomes and popular decision-making with disastrous outcomes.

john stones 114/07/2020 11:36:43
11595 forum posts
1517 photos

Depends who's company you're keeping I expect, no ones needed talking to at our patch, they all just get on with it. They've been filled to the brim with info from everyone and his granny, had links and advice before we opened back up, no issues.

Quite a few are still working, they cope with flying outdoors and are glad to be back out unwinding.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!