Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

4 - Max ESC - anti spark

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ron Gray04/07/2020 16:37:45
2233 forum posts
978 photos

I have recently bought this ESC from George and on his website it says to connect the thin red anti spark wire to the battery before the main leads. Problem is there is no thin red anti spark wire on the ESC!, anyone any ideas or has anyone installed one of George's HV ESCs?

MattyB05/07/2020 11:19:43
2097 forum posts
32 photos

Probably just an out of date/inaccurate description - suggest you call 4-Max for guidance, it could even be the wrong unit was sent out by mistake.

Ron Gray05/07/2020 13:43:09
2233 forum posts
978 photos

I think you’re right Marty, I’ll call George tomorrow.

Ron Gray05/07/2020 22:36:00
2233 forum posts
978 photos

Got an email back from George saying that his website needs to be updated as that ESC no longer comes with the anti spark wire, which is a bit of a shame. Never mind, I had a rummage around and found a 150 lurking in another 'plane, well to be honest it was spare as, for some reason I had fitted one to both +ive and -ive cables!! Desoldering and desoldering will take place tomorrow so fingers crossed for a maiden flight on Tuesday afternoon if the weather plays ball.

Phil Green06/07/2020 22:22:41
1609 forum posts
341 photos

You can make your own anti-spark connection really easily.
Find a suitable balance plug to suit your battery, wire the outer pins via a low value resistor to a similar connector to the main power connector. The resistor value isnt critical, say 10 ohms.

When you're ready to power up, first insert the new anti-spark plug into the ESC, give it a second, then sharpish remove it and plug the battery into the ESC as usual.

Cheers
Phil

Edited By Phil Green on 20/07/2020 18:13:34

Nik Harrison08/07/2020 13:35:55
85 forum posts
161 photos

Or you could use XT-90 anti-spark connectors. I use them and have had no problems with them. Cheers.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!