Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Acrowot Foam E Legacy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Robin Mosedale 106/07/2020 19:00:49
86 forum posts
1 photos

Perhaps this should be in the 2012 Foam e Thread, but thought that it might get lost

I'm extremely taken by people's praise for the handling of this foamy, probably one of the best behaving ARTF's around in the air.

It has been sold now for over 8 years and I'm just about to order one.

So that I know what to expect, and this isn't a gripe as 2 other models suffer deficiencies, what legacy issues remain with this foamy? I've read the threads both here and elsewhere, and it seems consistently to have QA problems. I can fix them, but I'd rather be prepared and assemble the remedies before:-

1. The incorrect placing of the ESC must be fixed of course.

2. Weak undercarriage: Is the plastic undercarriage retention still poorly adhered to the recess in the fuselage, works loose, requiring beefing up.

3. Undercarriage retention; are people still replacing the bolts with M5 nylon bolts and tapping the plastic retainer?

4. Does the empennage require attention, elevators misaligned? Elevator joining joining weak?

5. CofG, still need lead in the tail, and if so where does it go? Glue pennies under the tail?

6. Are the aileron servos still a weak point with still connections?

I'd rather fix these before discovering them during or after flight.

I'm sure that my other options are little better from what I can see on forums either.

Thanks

Robin

Geoff Copping06/07/2020 19:22:43
36 forum posts
3 photos

For CG, I put lead in the screw holes that retain the tail.

One other thing is that the catch for the battery hatch needs a bit of velcro on it because it can get blown undone.

Robin Mosedale 106/07/2020 19:32:11
86 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Geoff, added to the snag list

John Lee06/07/2020 20:31:24
763 forum posts
86 photos

I've just assembled & put half a dozen flights on a new one. I still have my original which dates back about 7 years, but is starting to get a bit tatty after over 500 flights.

Both are completely stock & unmodified in any way. So my answer to points 1-6 is 'None of the above'.

Colin Carpenter06/07/2020 20:42:34
646 forum posts
36 photos

I never had any problems with mine apart from the wooden motor mount compressing the foam shoulders in the fuselage sides and becoming loose. Gorilla glue solved the problem but eventually it became loose again. On flight 320 it killed it !💀💀Electronically nothing failed despite the wings coming off to transport and store. Loved it ! Colin

Robin Mosedale 106/07/2020 20:46:46
86 forum posts
1 photos

Very encouraging, thanks John and Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!