Forum sponsored by CML

Third time lucky?

Or it seems so far.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
EarlyBird11/07/2020 18:30:58
192 forum posts
156 photos

I was introduced to model flying when I was at school in the early 60s as part of the youth club. I started with a KK glider which flew am I assume now not very well but then at the age of 12 how would I know. My mates and me soon progressed to control line quickly learning how to make them indestructible. Simple really loads of epoxy and ply then fit a big engine, AM25 in my case second hand of course.

Second time was in the early 90s my two sons showed interest we built a couple of planes bought RC equipment and my eldest who was 9 at the time flew for a total of seconds.

So this is the third time and it looks like luck is on my side. Joined the local club two years ago met a fabulous instructor and passed my A after six months. I destroyed one Riot in the process of learning followed by another one six months later.

Wanting to build again I tried a couple of DW hobby kits recently and found you guys while searching for help due to the abysmal instructions.

Realising that there are a lot of plan builders here I decided to give it a go with the help of a Sarik plan pack, it was either that or buy a fret saw. I chose a Ballerina simply because Peter Miller designs, builds and flies his models I know he is not the only one to do this but I suspect some kits and ARTFs have never been built and test flown by the manufacturers. Hey we are modelers work out how to fix it. No problem.

What is next?

I have bought my first IC a Saito FG21 and a VQ Giant Stick to put it in.

also a Phoenix 2000 as I have always been attracted to silent flight.

then....

Fournier RF4 and ..

Bigger house workshop and van.

OMG I am becoming obsessed.

Thanks guys.

For all the fun I have had over the last two years and hopefully for many more to come.

Steve

Matthew Rendeverance12/07/2020 11:53:07
8 forum posts
31 photos

Hi, am a new return too... Good luck and well done on the persistence!

Post some pics 👍

David Davis12/07/2020 12:27:09
3782 forum posts
724 photos

Welcome to the forum Early Bird and Matthew!

If there's something you don't know, someone on here is sure to have the answer.

EarlyBird12/07/2020 13:38:20
192 forum posts
156 photos

Thanks Guys.

Steve

EarlyBird12/07/2020 15:07:19
192 forum posts
156 photos

Ok Matthew here are some photos.

Photos

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!