Forum sponsored by CML

Radiomaster TX16s Anyone tried one?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
MattyB13/08/2020 09:56:19
2195 forum posts
32 photos
Posted by Mike Blandford on 10/08/2020 21:39:03:

The D8 protocol operates by the Tx sending data every 9mS, 3 times (27 mS elapsed time), then the Rx sends back the telemetry during the next 9mS, so the Rx doesn't use so much bandwidth. Depending on the actual transmit power, the Rx may well still be legal, it is the Tx that isn't.

I'm not going to argue the point technically - I am sure you are correct that there is a decent chance the D8 RXs are capable of being compliant with the current ETSI regs. The problem (which I have pointed out a number of times before to UK sellers) is that none of these RXs have a valid Certificate of Conformity from Frsky since 2015, and as I understand it that is a mandatory requirement to be sold in the EU.

Posted by Mike Blandford on 10/08/2020 21:39:03:

If you have D8 receivers and an ACCESS Tx, you might consider flashing the D8 (note not the V8) receivers with the firmware I've written for them that supports the D16 (X) protocol to be able to continue using them.

See here: **LINK**.

This firmware auto detects the specific protocol at bind time (FCC/LBT, V1/V2).

Clever stuff Mike, though it does look fairly involved process to flash them compared with the std process. I will keep this in mind, but as I still have an old D8 module lying around I think it will be able to keep my oldest RXs in use for many years to come via that even once Frsky abandon D8. I might by a spare XJT too to une on ACCST v1.x as it seems v2 is still somewhat buggy!

Mike Blandford13/08/2020 10:38:10
651 forum posts
25 photos

The first flash is involved, but I now include a bootloader so any updates are then easily possible without opening up the Rx.

I also wonder about the RM Tx (and the Jumper ones), since they use a multi-protocol module that includes FrSky D8 and DSM2 protocols, neither of which are compliant with the current ETSI regs.

Mike

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!