Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

What was at your field today

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ron Gray01/08/2020 19:57:15
2235 forum posts
978 photos

Nice looking Gyroplane dropped in today.

Landing

Take off
Gary Manuel01/08/2020 22:08:32
2276 forum posts
1552 photos

Interesting that the rotor spin -up appears to be power assisted prior to taking off. Isn't that cheating?

I couldn't do that with my Atom.

cymaz02/08/2020 07:48:11
9285 forum posts
1200 photos

Generally at our strip on Davidstow Airfield, we have dog walkers, kids on bicycles, hooligans drifting....oh, and the local police running about trying to turf them all off.

To be fair , the land agents and constabulary do a utterly brilliant job of trying to police it

It’s annoying though angry

Edited By cymaz on 02/08/2020 07:48:30

SR 7102/08/2020 09:49:56
462 forum posts
140 photos

We used to have drifters on our patch in Cyprus, a dried salt lake as you say annoying but funny when they got it wrong and hit the rough on the edge of the lake, over they went never did see anybody go help them laugh

Brian Cooper02/08/2020 10:01:03
566 forum posts
27 photos

We had some visitors "drop in" last weekend.

The (my) Wellingborough Club site is part of a large sports complex which accommodates several different sports, most of which have their own containers and/or huts to store equipment, etc.

About ten days ago, two well-known low-lifes were intercepted, three days running, as they were seen to be "checking out" the various containers on the pretext of "Looking for their horses". . The scumbags were given their marching orders but these people have no shame so they kept coming back. . They even came back late one evening (presumably, horses are easier to spot at night, eh..) but found a couple of us still on site, so we just heard them swearing before they scorched away in their truck.

Last weekend, two containers were burgled and various mowers and other pieces of equipment were stolen. angry 2

Now, I am not suggesting for one moment that these fine, upstanding, horse-lovers were responsible, but adding two-and-two together generally makes four. angry 2

B.C.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 02/08/2020 11:20:03

Cliff Bastow02/08/2020 10:15:09
904 forum posts
464 photos

Brian,

We had a similar incident at our club a couple of years ago, lots disappeared including tools and grass cutting equipment. we installed dummy security cameras and guess what, last week they were pinched!

Pete B - Moderator02/08/2020 11:25:45
7670 forum posts
734 photos

Brian,

I've massaged your post a little to avoid raised temperatures and potential trouble for us.

I can understand your frustration and anger but we live in different times now and I'd ask all members to rein in (see what I did there?smile) their descriptive prose - I'm sure we all know who you meant......wink 2

Thanks for everyone's cooperationthumbs up

Pete

john stones 102/08/2020 13:40:05
11597 forum posts
1517 photos

Aye, don't saddle Pete with issues, you know what he's like when he's the bit between his teeth. surprise

Richard Clark 202/08/2020 13:54:21
422 forum posts
Posted by john stones 1 on 02/08/2020 13:40:05:

Aye, don't saddle Pete with issues, you know what he's like when he's the bit between his teeth. surprise

He'll ride all over you and he never takes a day off, not even Sundays 

Edited By Richard Clark 2 on 02/08/2020 13:57:53

SR 7102/08/2020 16:39:37
462 forum posts
140 photos

When i lived near Wellingborough Brian i had my Transit tipper truck stolen, the police found the guy that nicked it and rang me from the police station to tell me they had found him smiley, but if i wanted to have him prosecuted i would have to take out a privat prosecution angry as he was one of the upstanding members of the community from the travelers camp, crying never got my truck back

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!