Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Downloading updates

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Handyman02/08/2020 23:03:26
218 forum posts
1 photos

Can anyone help an elderly aeromodeller to download Spektrum updates from their website and upload them into my 2 DX 6 transmitters.

I have spent over an hour and still have not managed to do the job, and I am getting so frustrated now. I have watched a couple of so called help videos on YouTube, but just could not repeat or understand the things that they did that looked so easy..

Help........................Anthony.

Edited By Handyman on 02/08/2020 23:04:47

Steve J02/08/2020 23:23:33
2051 forum posts
60 photos

Go to spektrumrc.com and create an account.

Register your two DX6's. You will need the serial numbers. If you have an SD card in the slot when you power up, the transmitter should put a file on the card with the serial number. If it doesn't you can find the serial number on the third page of the System Settings screen.

For each DX6 goto Download Updates on the My Products page on spektrumrc.com and click on the download button. This will give you an SPMTX.SAX file. Put this on the SD card and power up the transmitter with it in the slot.

The SPMTX.SAX files are specific to the transmitter.

Use a decent SD card. If in doubt reformat the SD card with the tool that the SD association provide.

Handyman02/08/2020 23:33:07
218 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks for that, I will give it a try, but at 79 years old,this technology gets the better of me at times. Will post again if successful. laugh

buster prop03/08/2020 07:19:03
501 forum posts
13 photos

Correct advice from Steve. I have just updated my DX7 G2 in the way he described. It is important to "eject" the S D card before you remove it from the PC. If you don't do that the TX doesn't read the card. Btw age is no barrier I'm 73.

Paul C.03/08/2020 09:02:25
670 forum posts
159 photos

Just updated both of my DX8 gen1 and a gen2 transmitters the only slight problem I encountered was that after I downloaded the file to my pc I then did copy to the SD card and did not notice that windows adds (copy01) or something similar to the file name. If this happens you will need to remove this from the file name (rename) as the file name must be identical to the downloaded name.

Paul.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!