Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

piston and liner removal advice please

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
sqweaka06/08/2020 18:18:59
38 forum posts
4 photos

how do i remove the liner from an engine so i can remove the piston to get the crank out

thanks in advance Ian

Barrie Lever06/08/2020 18:33:18
320 forum posts
53 photos

The absolutely standard way to do this is to use the buckle end of a cable tie and put it in the exhaust port from the cylinder side not the exhaust stack side.

Then turn the engine over and it will jack the liner out.

I was shown this by Aleesandro Rossetti who was the development engineer at the famous OPS factory in Italy.

If the engine is ABC and savagely over heated the liner bells out at the top and they are very difficult to get out, this usually only happens in competition engines though.

B.

Doc Marten06/08/2020 18:47:24
710 forum posts
7 photos
Posted by Barrie Lever on 06/08/2020 18:33:18:

The absolutely standard way to do this is to use the buckle end of a cable tie and put it in the exhaust port from the cylinder side not the exhaust stack side.

Then turn the engine over and it will jack the liner out.

I was shown this by Aleesandro Rossetti who was the development engineer at the famous OPS factory in Italy.

If the engine is ABC and savagely over heated the liner bells out at the top and they are very difficult to get out, this usually only happens in competition engines though.

B.

I'm sure this was a method recommended by the late Brian Winch in several of his articles.

sqweaka06/08/2020 19:41:55
38 forum posts
4 photos

its ok... got it out thanks

Doc Marten06/08/2020 20:23:09
710 forum posts
7 photos

How?

Just as a sucessful thread closer for future reference for anyone searching a simililar question.

sqweaka07/08/2020 06:35:23
38 forum posts
4 photos
Posted by Doc Marten on 06/08/2020 20:23:09:

How?

Just as a sucessful thread closer for future reference for anyone searching a simililar question.

there was a slight part of the liner visible through the exhaust port, i pushed on that with a flat bladed screwdriver and it lifted just enough to get a knife under the top of the sleeve and ease it out

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!