Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

What has happened to i.c. engines?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cuban811/08/2020 12:39:04
3029 forum posts
1 photos

Most flyers will have gone through the motions and will be set up to comply with the requirements, both of my clubs have taken the hassle out of all the admin faffing about by dealing with the nine quid, end of story for now.

However, the usual suspects who can't get their models in a flyable condition on a regular basis at the field - forgotten transmitters, screwed up programming, flat batteries, dud glowplugs, stale fuel, leaky fuel tanks, dead stick after dead stick, a wreck every session and trouble remembering and adhering to the simplest club rules etc etc - the number labels and exemption documents are the last things on their minds. Will it actually matter and does anyone really give a fig anyway?

Have the 'registration and compliance police volunteers' in your club been active?wink No sign in my necks of the woods thankfully.

Jonathan W11/08/2020 14:47:23
130 forum posts
11 photos

Yes, but the opening poster, James Middleton, does appear to have gone to hell and left you lot to it!! devil

Edited By Jonathan W on 11/08/2020 14:48:10

Keith Miles 211/08/2020 15:55:58
463 forum posts
6 photos

Yeh, let’s blame the government, club committees, BMFA and those malevolent and irresponsible drone fliers!

Let’s also openly announce our intention to ignore the law and risk a fine but perhaps saving 9 quid to buy a cheap servo or, maybe, a Chicken Balti with Pilau Rice and a Plain Nan?

And let us never accept responsibility for our personal actions or consider their possible effects on others.

Vive le revolution!

😊

Richard Clark 211/08/2020 17:18:55
426 forum posts
Posted by Keith Miles 2 on 11/08/2020 15:55:58:

Yeh, let’s blame the government, club committees, BMFA and those malevolent and irresponsible drone fliers!

Let’s also openly announce our intention to ignore the law and risk a fine but perhaps saving 9 quid to buy a cheap servo or, maybe, a Chicken Balti with Pilau Rice and a Plain Nan?

And let us never accept responsibility for our personal actions or consider their possible effects on others.

Vive le revolution!

😊

Government:: They introduced this futile 'registration'. Futile? yes. Nobody who intends to break the flying rules will put an identifying number on the aircraft.

Clubs: The BMFA does not demand you put the number on the plane so BMFA registered clubs shouldn't either. We fly on Forestry Commission land and the FC has said that if we feel there is a problem with people not registering and we wish to report it we should call the CAA or whatever, and NOT the FC.

Takeaway orl icence? A purely personal decision. Only those who have never stolen an apple as a child, exceeded the speed limit, or cycled at night without lights should criticise any decision you make.

Personal responsibility? Of course. You don't have to tell us, thank you very much. But 'hands up' those who have signed a chit saying they would be responsible citizens in all circumstances.

Edited By Richard Clark 2 on 11/08/2020 17:21:32

Cuban811/08/2020 17:44:50
3029 forum posts
1 photos

Keith. The nine quid and registration hoop jumping was never an issue for most reasonable people. A shrug of the shoulders and we mostly all coughed up. However, those same reasonable people who bothered to take an interest did question what good nine quid and a sticky number was going to do both directly for our hobby and for the wider issue of the nebulous term 'safety'. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that the answer rests somewhere between not a lot and next to nothing IMHO.

I can see a rethink of all this coming our way in the next few years within the UK certainly, elsewhere perhaps.

Pete B - Moderator11/08/2020 18:14:21
7674 forum posts
734 photos

Folks, I'm sure many of you will agree that we've had more than enough threads about the legislative situation.

I believe the OP was hoping to discuss the availability (or otherwise) of the traditional modelling materials and equipment we all knew and loved.....

Can we just try and stay on that topic, please?smile

Pete

Doc Marten11/08/2020 19:22:12
693 forum posts
7 photos
Posted by Keith Miles 2 on 10/08/2020 23:00:44:

PM sent.

PM replied to......both of them.

kevin b11/08/2020 20:06:23
1878 forum posts
148 photos
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 11/08/2020 18:14:21:

Folks, I'm sure many of you will agree that we've had more than enough threads about the legislative situation.

I believe the OP was hoping to discuss the availability (or otherwise) of the traditional modelling materials and equipment we all knew and loved.....

Can we just try and stay on that topic, please?smile

Pete

Some of us try !

I remember at school when we had lessons which involved debate. One person (not me) would always try and twist it round to involve cabbages.

Here's an idea for a new pole.

Are you

a ) Grumpy ?

b ) Very grumpy ?

c)  Extremely grumpy ?

d ) A serial thread whinger ?

smiley

Edited By kevin b on 11/08/2020 20:07:30

Edited By kevin b on 11/08/2020 20:10:50

Keith Miles 211/08/2020 20:18:01
463 forum posts
6 photos

I wish to publicly apologise for my attempt at satire (although, hopefully, some may have got it!).

smiley

And, personally, I’m far more concerned about Covid19 and not being able to make a brew in the clubhouse!

sad

McG 696911/08/2020 20:57:08
3353 forum posts
1279 photos

Keith M2,

... don't never ever post "an attempt at satire", please...

... even if by chance "some may have got it"... surprise

... most are too 'grumpy' to get it anyhow... wink

On a side note, 'révolution' is feminine in French... the same as 'barricade' or certainly 'guillotine'...

... so, next time it should be "Vive LA révolution", please...

Cheers & keep 'cool', all

Chris

Keith Miles 212/08/2020 07:50:00
463 forum posts
6 photos
Posted by McG 6969 on 11/08/2020 20:57:08:

Keith M2,

... don't never ever post "an attempt at satire", please...

... even if by chance "some may have got it"... surprise

... most are too 'grumpy' to get it anyhow... wink

On a side note, 'révolution' is feminine in French... the same as 'barricade' or certainly 'guillotine'...

... so, next time it should be "Vive LA révolution", please...

Cheers & keep 'cool', all

Chris

Point taken.

And well spotted. Apologies to the ladies. I passed German and failed French.

laugh

David Ashby - Moderator12/08/2020 10:30:55
11058 forum posts
1740 photos
619 articles

Off topic posts Removed. Some of you folks need a hobby 🙄
Hopefully that answers your question James. 

I think we’ll leave it there.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 12/08/2020 10:31:34

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!