Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Seagull 40 low wing electric conversation

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
andy paterson09/08/2020 10:52:28
66 forum posts

Hi all

This was asked in 2014 , but has anyone converted one to electric yet , setup same as boomerang I would say , not got the plane yet so not sure on the size servos , would love to see photos if possible.

Denis Watkins09/08/2020 11:26:41
4621 forum posts
129 photos

Don't own one but have flown one very recently Andy, and as you say, my colleague duplicated his Boomerang set up.

This model flew straight from the box beautifully with no vices, and is the ideal step up to a low winger.

Is very stable and standard servos recommended, in this case Futaba 3001, but any standard servo will suffice

andy paterson09/08/2020 11:31:23
66 forum posts

Thanks Denis, just wondering about access for lipo ?

Denis Watkins09/08/2020 11:49:50
4621 forum posts
129 photos

This guy is a builder, with the hatch very neatly cut behind the nose wheel former under the tank bay

The cuts are made a beam width from the fuz sides, that beams to maintain strength are added inside the new

hatch access, with the balsa sheet left behind, aiding adhesion and alignment of the strengthening.

Am lucky to maiden these projects, and have to say that the Sport 40 responds very positively to electric flight.

andy paterson09/08/2020 12:19:15
66 forum posts

That sounds ok to me, I build as well so should not be a problem ,with out the plane or seeing one at hand ,did not want to get it and find I have to make major changes , thanks again Denis

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!