Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Loaded Dice 30 EP

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul C.15/10/2020 12:06:07
711 forum posts
165 photos

I am sure that I have the c of g listed on the plan I have, will dig it out and check for you .

Paul C.15/10/2020 12:30:55
711 forum posts
165 photos

Found my plan and magazine article, I have written on the plan 4 and a half inches to 5 and three quarter inches from the leading edge ( 115 - 146 mm ) . Unfortunately I can't remember where I got the info from but I am pretty sure it originated from Terry himself on this forum, mine ballances close to the max any goes well . Use this as a starting point I would not recommend starting any further back.

Hope this helps, Paul.

kc15/10/2020 14:13:17
6953 forum posts
175 photos

The leading edge is tapered isn't it? So Paul's measurement may be at fuselage sides and that could be near or same as 160 to 175 at the mid point of wing. Could be worth re- calculating using formula for tapered wing in various books. Also check for double taper - maybe TE is also tapered as it is in the larger Loaded Dice ( that plan is on Outerzone and shows CG position for that version )

Paul C.15/10/2020 17:29:12
711 forum posts
165 photos

Yes I measured on the fus sides and used the c of g stickers to mark the for and aft measures, I think the first flight was about the mid point then moved the battery back to where I felt comfortable with how it performed, not flown mine for a while now though I am a bit of a ic guy 😂

Paul C.17/11/2020 17:40:03
711 forum posts
165 photos

Looking good Shawn, I used a ply wing joiner as well 👍 with all the sheet on the wings they are realy strong , I think Terry aways built light and only added strength where needed.

Paul,

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Subscribe now
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!