By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Help with old model

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
DIGGER31/10/2020 11:29:37
193 forum posts
3 photos

Hi , I need your help again with an old model. The model in question is the Parkzone Stinson reliant, I have been given a box of new parts. What is missing is u/c but I can make the metal legs , not to worried about the plastic parts if I can't get them. The main problem is no tail plane. Looking at where it fits in its quite thick. Now I could make one out of depron if I had a plan to go by. But as I'm not worried about scale I was thinking of using one off another model , Cub etc , has anyone got a Stinson still and can they help me. All idears appreciated.

Chris

Simon Chaddock31/10/2020 12:19:18
5812 forum posts
3080 photos

DIGGER

According to this web site a spare tail plane is still available to buy.

It may not be the cheapest option but it would be the simplest.

DIGGER31/10/2020 13:43:23
193 forum posts
3 photos

Thanks Simon checked the site but not in stock. I thought I was in luck . Oh well thanks again

Chris

Piers Bowlan31/10/2020 14:22:12
2233 forum posts
57 photos

Digger, you might try Wheelspin Models for although they don't list the tailplane on their website they might be able to get one in for you from their supplier or know of someone to try next. They are quite good for spares normally.

Failing that perhaps someone on the forum has a Stinson Reliant and they might be able to email you a dimensioned drawing so that you could make one up out of balsa sheet? If you are worried about the weight if it is quite thick you can always cut some lightening holes in it with a sharpened piece of pipe, for example, before covering in film. I have done that before now with a tailplane to good effect.

DIGGER01/11/2020 09:31:32
193 forum posts
3 photos

Thanks Piers. I have wrote to wheelspin and await to see what comes back, like you said I could make one, but use depron if I can get a working drawing. Thanks again

Chris

Caveman01/11/2020 10:55:06
323 forum posts
245 photos

Digger, there are lots of plans of the Stinson Reliant on Outerzone

Just download the one you fancy and print the part needed, to the a suitable scale in Acrobat Reader.

GDB

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Subscribe now
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!