By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Giles 202 aerobatic ARTF kit

Kit is conventional built up and covered

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Laird22/11/2020 09:11:33
450 forum posts
61 photos

Semi scale aerobatic ARF kit is complete as bought new and parts have been unwrapped just to show them and the finish which is highly decorative.

56” span for 46 2 st or 50 to 60 4 st engines but there is plenty of room for conversion to electric if wanted.

The airframe is laser cut balsa and ply with a fibreglass cowl and wheel spats as shown in the photos. Construction and gluing looks good as you would expect from a laser cut kit. Wheels, undercarriage, bearers and tank and other hardware together with assembly instructions are all included in the kit.

There are 3 splits in the wing and 2 on the fuselage covering due to rough transit handling – it looks like impact damage inside the kit box caused the tight covering to split. All are cosmetic as the underlying construction does not appear to have been damaged. I have taped over with almost invisible diamond ultra clear tape – as advised by Al who I bought the kit from. I believe the model is flyable with the tape as shown. Photos show these. None of these affect the structural integrity of the model.giles 202

A reluctant sale but my interests have moved over to building vintage planes from plans.

Ron Gray22/11/2020 10:52:09
2466 forum posts
996 photos

John if you’re selling this then may I suggest putting an ad in the BMFA Classifieds? You’ll probably get a better response from that ‘arena’.

John Laird22/11/2020 13:49:08
450 forum posts
61 photos

Ron,

problem is trying to estimate a reasonable price for an out of date item which I have had for a long time.

Generally I have been pleasantly surprised at the prices I have been getting for my items and certainly well above my estimate.

john

i12fly22/11/2020 17:17:08
654 forum posts
22 photos

I had one of these, it was very well constructed and looked superb. Powered with an SC70FS it was extremely agile, had neutral stability but docile at low speeds. I sold it after I lost the sight in one eye and didn't think I would be able to cope with it (this was a mistake) but I've now moved on to other types. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a light sports model.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Subscribe now
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!