Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

I got a supertiger 23 running :)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter 'Ivanna Crashalot' Savage05/02/2009 20:51:40
1557 forum posts
58 photos
I was so happy with my achievement i had to tell someone .
after time and time again of my dad telling me i would never get his super tiger engine running after 35 years sitting dormant, i got it running today! bit loud though, don't think it will be put into any of my planes, i think it needs some kind of gasket to go in between the exhaust port and the silencer, apparently it didnt silence very well so it was run with a baffle plate over it and no silencer, i just couldn't be more pleased!!!
Brian Parker05/02/2009 20:57:21
538 forum posts
Peter 'Ivanna Crashalot' Savage05/02/2009 21:03:34
1557 forum posts
58 photos
All i did was nick the remote needle valve off my dad's SC53 and mounted it on my test stand (because i broke the original needle valve on a previous attempt to start it, i put about 1 1/4 turns on, loosened the air bleed valve, cautiously put the electric starter up to it and pressed the button, and it fired! it actually scared the willies out of me because i didnt think it would start . I am known for never listening to people saying it is a waste of time as you may have already noticed
Peter 'Ivanna Crashalot' Savage17/02/2009 00:35:57
1557 forum posts
58 photos
I have been running it again, i have noticed that oil and unburnt fuel comes out where the silencer joins the crank case, i assume this my have something to do with the excessive noise. I am attempting to get it running at a more acceptable noise level as our funds are short i don't wanna buy a 25

I have been looking around for the right size prop, i cant find it out, i have been running it on a 9x6 but i am not sure whether this is right as this was the prop that was on my dad's sc 53 all those years ago

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us