Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

RCV engines.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
00113/02/2009 13:54:07
2212 forum posts
1 photos
I see that these British designed engines are now being made in China. Do any forum members think that this exporting of technology is desirable?

As there are fewer moving parts in these units, perhaps prices will soon drop below the level of the prices of ASP and Super Custom etc. 4 strokes
flytilbroke13/02/2009 20:34:39
2083 forum posts
5 photos
I do not believe it is desirable, except to the few who can get more profit. A certain vacuum cleaner munufacturer comes to mind. We, in the UK lose jobs and end up as second class service providers. As well as getting BANKrupt.
Erfolg13/02/2009 20:54:21
11373 forum posts
1202 photos
It is not desirable, yet when the government, lets a contract for Railway Trains to be manufactured in Japan, and assembled in the UK, who can complain about a few model engines being made else where.
Eric Bray14/02/2009 19:49:12
6600 forum posts
2 photos
Yes, the rolling stock is to be made in Italy, the electronics by Hitachi, the engines in Germany. I think we get to make the wheels and brush up!

This is one reason why Britain is sinking slowly, we have given away ALL our manufacturing base, and import everything except the bad weather. (and even that is debatable!)
I read somewhere that there are 3 million non uk workers here, and 2 million uk born and bred unemployed.
Something doesn't add up!
On another forum, someone was banging on about British made gear. I sent a reply back - What is made in Britain now?
There are some British ASSEMBLED items, but apart from PAW engines, and maybe Lazer, both of which are small-scale enterprises, can anyone name a genuine, entirely BRITISH  made device of any significance?
(Even the B of the Bang has fallen apart!)
On a similar vein, somewhere down south is planning on putting up a 100 foot statue of a white horse, yet they refused permission for a wind generator!
Dave S.14/02/2009 21:06:06
220 forum posts
20 photos
Sure it wasn't a white elephant, Eric?

More than 12 years on, I still feel that leaving the UK was one of my better decisions.
Simon Chaddock15/02/2009 00:39:59
5443 forum posts
2855 photos
Eric
A certain well known aero engine manufacturer might consider some of its (very expensive) products are still successfully manufactured in the UK!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us