Malta

sliema here i come

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kevin Fairgrieve08/04/2018 08:26:28
1521 forum posts
2809 photos

Great picture Ken.

Just wish the weather had been a bit better. Still it was/is better than here.

Raining again today so I guess I will be in the workshop till 3pm then the F1 on the telly box.

Already looking for next year!!!

Kev

Jim Carss08/04/2018 08:29:02
1985 forum posts
43 photos

What a good looking pair,who is that guy on the left,looks familiar,could it be James Bond ?

jc----- ne23 kendo dept.

ken anderson.08/04/2018 09:29:37
8100 forum posts
729 photos
Posted by Jim Carss on 08/04/2018 08:29:02:

What a good looking pair,who is that guy on the left,looks familiar,could it be James Bond ?

jc----- ne23 kendo dept.

....................................................................................

funny you should say that JC...I was thinking more along the lines of Brooke Bond..... emotion may have been the camera angle or lighting ...

ken Anderson...ne...1.. J Carrs dept.

Jim Carss08/04/2018 09:41:57
1985 forum posts
43 photos

yes

Chris Barlow17/08/2018 21:50:03
1770 forum posts
1207 photos
First 2 days in Malta and it's hot! Been to Popeye Village yesterday and Blue Lagoon, Comino today. It's the week of the Santa Maria Festival ? so its extremely busy and public transport is rammed but what an amazing and friendly place!

Unfortunately I can't post photos from my phone but I can see why people return to the
islands after their first trip!
Love the place already!
Kevin Fairgrieve18/08/2018 06:58:37
1521 forum posts
2809 photos

Glad to see you are liking it Chris.

Public transport in Malta is always rammed, no matter what time of year.

The Maltese seem to have a festival at just about any time so the chances of catching one is always high. When we last went in April there was a Festa in Rabat the old capital of Malta. That is one place you need to go as well is Mdina the silent city. Walk all the way to the dirty great wall at the far end of the village, and look out over most of Malta. From there you can see the dome at Mosta and Taqali airfield where the flying club is.

It is a lovely place but sadly I am not going to make a second trip this year. Family wedding got in the way of that one.

Kev

ken anderson.18/08/2018 08:20:31
8100 forum posts
729 photos

nice place there Chris and nice people, we're booked again for next year. Worth a visit to the aviation museum(not far from the main model flying site)make sure your in Valetta one day at 12.00 when they fire the large cannon. And don't have too many btle's of Cisk...or you'll fall over/not...

ken anderson ….ne..1...Malta dept.

Chris Barlow18/08/2018 18:18:05
1770 forum posts
1207 photos
Been to Hagar Qim and Mdina today. Walked all the way through to the wall like Kev suggested. What a view! 😀

Cisk reminds me very much of Skoll but Kinnie is something else! I think I'm addicted to it now. Fortunately they sell it on Amazon...
J D 818/08/2018 21:16:55
914 forum posts
57 photos

Are you going/been to the church Mosta,and is that dirty great bomb still there?

Saw the Popeye village in 84 and amazed it is still there.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
Airtek Hobbies
Motion RC
Expo Tools 14 July
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us